The Hurt Locker Movie Review

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought The Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray yesterday, so we watched it last night.

It was quite a good film, but to be honest, I can't believe it won the Oscar for best picture or director.

It was quite slow in parts. The acting was ok, but they could have done better. Didn't quite live up to all the hype, but still was an ok film.

The best parts, obviously, when disabling bombs.

I would give it, 6.5 out of 10.

One thing though - has given me a new respect for these crazy guys in the bomb disposal units. Australia lost guys and a their dog from a bomb disposal unit in Afghanistan the other week. Very sad.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought The Hurt Locker on Blu-Ray yesterday, so we watched it last night.

It was quite a good film, but to be honest, I can't believe it won the Oscar for best picture or director.

It was quite slow in parts. The acting was ok, but they could have done better. Didn't quite live up to all the hype, but still was an ok film.

The best parts, obviously, when disabling bombs.

I would give it, 6.5 out of 10.

One thing though - has given me a new respect for these crazy guys in the bomb disposal units. Australia lost guys and a their dog from a bomb disposal unit in Afghanistan the other week. Very sad.

Great review Kaz , i dont think its got enough oomph to carry me through it though.... With so many great war movies its always gunna be hard for them to match up :thumbup:... Now if you really want a great story be sure to watch Beneath Hill 60 :D

Was very sad for us to lose our Sappers the other week , aswell as the men we lost yesterday in the crash :(... But i still hold a soft spot for the Aussie Engineers seeing as my Grandfather was one in WWII

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, we meant to go see Beneath Hill 60 at the movies, but time slipped away from us again. Will wait for it to come on Foxtel, or DVD.

RIP to the diggers from yesterday.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of a spoiler alert...

I thought the movie was good, it reminded me a little bit of my own experience in Iraq. Not dealing with bombs but the scenery and the feeling of not knowing if your number will come up or not. I also understand the feeling that kept him going back, it's hard to adjust to real life and the seen where he was standing in the store staring at all the different types of cerial, yea I've been there. It's a strange feeling to have the choice to have or not have then come back to the States and be flooded with choices, it's hard to know what to do and it makes you wonder how you were able to act like that was normal.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
PS
My heart goes out to all those who lost their lives in the service. I have a special place in my heart for any Aussie Soldier, they are fun to be around and crazy. (in a good way)

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of a spoiler alert...

I thought the movie was good, it reminded me a little bit of my own experience in Iraq. Not dealing with bombs but the scenery and the feeling of not knowing if your number will come up or not. I also understand the feeling that kept him going back, it's hard to adjust to real life and the seen where he was standing in the store staring at all the different types of cerial, yea I've been there. It's a strange feeling to have the choice to have or not have then come back to the States and be flooded with choices, it's hard to know what to do and it makes you wonder how you were able to act like that was normal.
Can't even comprehend what you guys go through.

I don't know how realistic movies like Jarhead and The Hurt Locker are, but hats off to any of you guys that go over there.

Also, us Aussies are pretty crazy/funny - it's the Anzac spirit :thumbup:

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its one of my favorite movies. I may be a little bias because the first time I saw it was here in Iraq but still one of my favorites.