The Ground is Shaking ALOT lately !!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
re: The Ground is Shaking ALOT lately !!!

Age of pisces ends and we shift into the age of aquarius

Okay then....:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE]The 5th Dimension Age of Aquarius 1969 - YouTube[/ame]

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site

Completely unrelated - but have any of y'all seen the SPACESHIPS that landed on the bottom of the Baltic sea?

Search it into Google - I seen it on the news too. Definitely some interesting stuff, and I'd be curious to know what some of you guys thought about the possibility of (yes I'm going to say it) aliens. I also heard there've been a rash of sitings all over Mexico and Southwest USA recently.

I'm not terribly concerned that chaos will rise, or the world will end, or alien existence would disprove god's existence - I'm really just fascinated by all of this, makes for some really interesting times regardless of what ACTUALLY happens.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site

Allright Now!! Don't get my intention's for this thread twisted!! I created it out of curiosity of all of the different theories for the Supposed event date.and I have to say I have learned alot about our own history. Tim Tebow Game Winning Touchdown Pass To Demaryius Thomas - YouTube

Agreed. I try to read as much as I can about this stuff just out of curiosity. Usually a cross check on Google proves most of these theories to be lies or speculations, if anything.

Although, science is born out of curiosity. I don't see any reason to dismiss even the most abstract possibilities out there. It's pretty common to get "you're wasting your time" as first response when you talk about this stuff. It's a little negligent imo...and patronizing.:Flip:

Last edited:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site

All I know is, I turn 21 on December 22, 2012. Whether the world ends on the 21st or not, I will probably not remember much of it :D

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site

Here's the deal (and why it's a hoax)

The mayan calendar is supposed to go to December 21, 2012... but they didn't take into account one thing at that time... Leap years.

So technically, the date that they say should have ended the earth happened years ago (technically)

I'll see if I can dig up a source on this one, but I remember a friend showing it to me.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The mayan calendar is supposed to go to December 21, 2012... but they didn't take into account one thing at that time... Leap years.

So technically, the date that they say should have ended the earth happened years ago (technically)

I'll see if I can dig up a source on this one, but I remember a friend showing it to me.

It's ok i'm not looking for an exact date,I am merely observing the world around me and taking a look at the crazy hype some people come up with...... (Don't ever just cast something off as a hoax) you can learn alot about History and cultures around the world researching a subject such as this.... :thumbup: :rockon:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

Your right and wrong, the myans calendar was far more accurate then ours and they did not need to include a "leap year" where we couldn't get it close with out including it.

Also their calander isn't ending, a cycle is ending. What happens when a cycle ends....

Another one begins...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
My best guess... bear uprising... we find out they were an intelligent species all along and they take over the world... guess we won't know if that one is true or not until December, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

My best guess... bear uprising... we find out they were an intelligent species all along and they take over the world... guess we won't know if that one is true or not until December, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
LMAO!! Bears !!! LOL these guys have a theory of Laser Cat's !! LOL check it out!! :BLAA:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBNkMnG4uY]Laser Cats - YouTube[/ame]

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Your right and wrong, the myans calendar was far more accurate then ours and they did not need to include a "leap year" where we couldn't get it close with out including it.

Also their calander isn't ending, a cycle is ending. What happens when a cycle ends....

Another one begins...
Yep I have found that there are several religions that back up the New Cycle beginning theory.... The Mayan's say it's the 5th cycle and others here in North America say it will be our 4th cycle (Native religious People say this),all claim that it will be spectacular... guess we will see soon enough....

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

All I know is, I turn 21 on December 22, 2012. Whether the world ends on the 21st or not, I will probably not remember much of it :D
The world is not going to end,so don't worry,if anything it will be the begining of a new cycle in human exsistance (if only in our mind's because the date will have passed) then so be it, we might see some strange thing's or get some new neighbors ,but nothing I put any kind of faith in believing says anything about World destruction .... :rockon: :rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Mayan calendar doesn't end for another couple hundred billion years or something like that:

Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18018343

"The ancient Maya predicted the world would continue, that 7,000 years from now, things would be exactly like this," he said.

"We keep looking for endings. The Maya were looking for a guarantee that nothing would change. It's an entirely different mindset."

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Mayan calendar doesn't end for another couple hundred billion years or something like that:

Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012

BBC News - Maya art and calendar at Xultun stun archaeologists

I'm not loking for the end,but preparing for a world with no electricity,and alot of homeless people. an earthquake in 1812 formed Caddo lake which is a few miles from where I am now.it's fact's i'm looking for and history is full of them. if you can't see the sign's all around you,such as all the recent earthquakes then it was not meant for you to see I reckon,but too those who do get it,well it never hurt's to be prepared..... In the word's of G.I. Joe "Knowing is half the Battle" :rockon: :rockon: :BLAA: According to Caddo legend, the lake was formed by the 1812 New Madrid Earthquake. There may be some truth to the legend, as Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee was formed by that earthquake, but most geologists now feel that Caddo Lake was formed gradually rather than catastrophically. The lake was formed, either gradually or catastrophically, by the "Great Raft," a 100-mile (160-km) log jam on the Red River in Louisiana, possibly filling the basin that the intense uplift and shifting of the earthquake had created.

Last edited:

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site

The 2012 predicitions are nothing but a continuation of people claiming that the end of mankind by forces they cannot control is impending. Stupid people believe them because they follow the illogic of "But what if they're right?!" or are just gullible.
Any "evidence" is nothing but confirmation bias or a straight up fabrication.
There always have been, and always will be, a large number of earthquakes and other natural disasters. It just seems like there are more because more focus is being put on them due to these ridiculous "end of the world" predicitions and, thanks to technology, the information travels faster than ever.
Man has always affected the enivornment in which he lives. This has both positive and negative consequences.
There is always some sort of conflict going on, whether they be politically or religiously based, among other things.
Governing bodies always keep secrets from the populace. I could go on.
There always has been, and always will be, people who misinterpret ancient texts/glyphs/writings/etc.
There are no lizardmen.
There is no magical, invisible planet floating through our solar system.
Ancient Aliens is not a show to base your opinions off of.
The world as we know is not going to end instantly unless a giant asteroid hits us or everyone launches all their nukes at once.

Is it wrong to be prepared for some sort of government/societal collapse? No. Grab some water bottles and MREs. But living one's life in fear of "the end days" is just stupid.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2012 predicitions are nothing but a continuation of people claiming that the end of mankind by forces they cannot control is impending. Stupid people believe them because they follow the illogic of "But what if they're right?!" or are just gullible.
Any "evidence" is nothing but confirmation bias or a straight up fabrication.
There always have been, and always will be, a large number of earthquakes and other natural disasters. It just seems like there are more because more focus is being put on them due to these ridiculous "end of the world" predicitions and, thanks to technology, the information travels faster than ever.
Man has always affected the enivornment in which he lives. This has both positive and negative consequences.
There is always some sort of conflict going on, whether they be politically or religiously based, among other things.
Governing bodies always keep secrets from the populace. I could go on.
There always has been, and always will be, people who misinterpret ancient texts/glyphs/writings/etc.
There are no lizardmen.
There is no magical, invisible planet floating through our solar system.
Ancient Aliens is not a show to base your opinions off of.
The world as we know is not going to end instantly unless a giant asteroid hits us or everyone launches all their nukes at once.

Is it wrong to be prepared for some sort of government/societal collapse? No. Grab some water bottles and MREs. But living one's life in fear of "the end days" is just stupid.

Exactly!! We should be Loving each other as much as possible,let go of any resentment's toward's anyone who has done us wrong,stop being selfish and greedy,and most of all don't live in fear!! it is wise to have non-perishables and fresh water on hand just in-case one of these earthquakes gets a little stronger,and knocks out the power,you don't want to be in a food line or looking for a FEMA shelter. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not loking for the end,but preparing for a world with no electricity,and alot of homeless people. an earthquake in 1812 formed Caddo lake which is a few miles from where I am now.it's fact's i'm looking for and history is full of them. if you can't see the sign's all around you,such as all the recent earthquakes then it was not meant for you to see I reckon,but too those who do get it,well it never hurt's to be prepared..... In the word's of G.I. Joe "Knowing is half the Battle" :rockon: :rockon: :BLAA: According to Caddo legend, the lake was formed by the 1812 New Madrid Earthquake. There may be some truth to the legend, as Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee was formed by that earthquake, but most geologists now feel that Caddo Lake was formed gradually rather than catastrophically. The lake was formed, either gradually or catastrophically, by the "Great Raft," a 100-mile (160-km) log jam on the Red River in Louisiana, possibly filling the basin that the intense uplift and shifting of the earthquake had created.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a phenomenom that has affected studies being run by Ph.D. scientists. It is a very strong force which must be accounted for with intense introspection, passionate objectivity, and most importantly....sound methodology.

One excerpt from the wiki article:

Biased search for information:

Experiments have repeatedly found that people tend to test hypotheses in a one-sided way, by searching for evidence consistent with the hypothesis they hold at a given time.[5][6] Rather than searching through all the relevant evidence, they ask questions that are phrased so that an affirmative answer supports their hypothesis.

“Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better.”

Solution?

Search through as much relevant information against your hypothesis as you are for your hypothesis. Analyse with an objective mindset.

Confirmation biases are not limited to the collection of evidence. Even if two individuals have the same information, the way they interpret it can be biased.

There is only one correct way to analyse information. And that is the neutral and boring way....the scientific way. It is slow and you will rarely find anything revolutionary. But that's another problem. We need to stop trying to find revolutionary answers all the time. Our progress in understanding has typically been one of incremental progress, often in increments so small it seems hardly like progress at all. But throughout our history as a species it has given us all of our successes with respect to understanding the world better.

most geologists now feel that Caddo Lake was formed gradually

:)

themoreyouknow.jpg

Last edited: