The FZ has taken a backseat...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i have really been neglecting the FZ for awhile... I got a new toy!

2011 F250 Super Duty. Got her in late October, and have neglected the FZ6 ever since. :spank:

Here are a few pics, just camera phone stuff, but I just like showing her off :D

2011 F250
Black Rhino 17"s
Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/70/17
RollBak Bed cover
Recon Tail lights
Recon Turn Signals
Recon 60" Brake bar
Undercover Storage box
AVS window visors
2.5 Lift (to be installed on a warmer day)
20% tint all around
etc...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
You know the new duramax puts more power to the wheels then the powerjoke or cummins is even rated at? Sorry I had to rub that in I'm a Chevy guy but congrats

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice.. but dont you work in graphics or something??? why would a graphics guy "need" a monster like this??? you couldnt possibly be having to haul that much work home... :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

Nice. If you can afford it then buy it, that's what a free society is. I used to be a Chevy/GMC guy too until the government decided to take control and hand it over to the unions with our tax dollars. I have a 2007 (new body style) Chevy so don't know what I'll get when the time comes to replace it. Not a big fan of Ford and even less of Dodge (government took them over too). I'll prolly buy a Harley, you know, one of those couches on wheels (Ultra Classic) that weighs as much as that Ford above. Or an old military 6x6 and refurbish it.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know the new duramax puts more power to the wheels then the powerjoke or cummins is even rated at? Sorry I had to rub that in I'm a Chevy guy but congrats
Yeah, but my last truck was a chevy, it spent more time in the shop than the repair man himself. Power doesnt mean much when all 4 wheels are 48" in the air :thumbup:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice.. but dont you work in graphics or something??? why would a graphics guy "need" a monster like this??? you couldnt possibly be having to haul that much work home... :thumbup:
By that logic I should be driving a scooter to work, not a Fz6 either. ;)

Its not always what happens for work, but what happens after.

Here is an example, this is withing the first 48 hours of ownership, 2,000 lbs of 12' 2x6's in the bed, and some nice saturated grass. Dont think my avalanche could have handled 1/4 of this load, even on dry grass :D

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow I thought wrong seeing from the back you didn't go with the Scorpion but with the 6.2

D

Dave.TX

Avalanche? No sir. Nobody buys those to carry anything but groceries. My last GMC (2000) lasted 150,000 before I sold it and the one before (1991) 188,000 miles before I sold it. Both had no problems except normal wear items. No rebuilds of any kind. Every manufacturer produces lemons here and there, I've gotten lucky with mine. I'm just glad Ford is finally putting a decent turbo diesel in their trucks after about a decade of junk.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice truck i like the chrome on the grille. by my standards its huge, if it was imported to malta (we have some rams and f150 lightnings imported by enthusiasts) it would get stuck in our narrow roads!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Avalanche? No sir. Nobody buys those to carry anything but groceries. My last GMC (2000) lasted 150,000 before I sold it and the one before (1991) 188,000 miles before I sold it. Both had no problems except normal wear items. No rebuilds of any kind. Every manufacturer produces lemons here and there, I've gotten lucky with mine. I'm just glad Ford is finally putting a decent turbo diesel in their trucks after about a decade of junk.

Ya I can respect a good engine when I know it's good that's why I was kinda surprised to see he went with the gas instead of the new scorpion diesel, I've always been a Chevy guy despised ford and dodge but love a good ole plume of soot from a jacked and juiced oil burner. Never had much respect for ford after they got rid of the international built 7.3 and went all sissy on there power strokes until they came out with the scorpion for 2011, and ford even went as far as building and breaking the land speed record in a stock body diesel with a top speed of 182mph in a 8000lb truck, cummins on the other hand, well you can't really call it a dodge but they put numbers out of a 6 that 8s do so my hats off to them, and to be honest duramax wouldn't be what it is with out Alison. The Alison transmission is so good that It transfers more power to the wheels then any manuel tranny could

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the massive chicken strips on that thing!!
j/k :D .. great looking truck! :thumbup:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking beast!
But, where's the motorcycle ramp? :shakehead:
No ramp, just a trailer hehe

Chevy, didnt really make sense to go Diesel, I could justify the 250 because I do haul some weight here and there, but going 250 diesel didnt make sense. I dont haul enough to justify the extra cost of purchase, the hassle of having to look for diesel stations, and the much higher maintenance costs.
F250 gas is right where I want to be

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I here ya i had a duramax in my 05 2500 loved it but when I got the 3500 I ended up going back gas because i couldnt afford the dmax "a $6400" option at the time, kick myself now for not gettin it but honestly diesel maintence is a lot cheaper in the long run and if you can keep your foot out of it better mpg too. But I got about 13 more payments and then she's mine o mine!