The EU sets out a list of road safety measures for 2011-2020

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think they mean an airbag in the clothing, which already exists...
but:
to extend EU legislation on road worthiness testing/inspections to motorbikes and other powered two wheelers (which does not exist at the moment)
complete and utter bull****. just another way for those greedy bastards to get some extra money from us.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think they mean an airbag in the clothing, which already exists...
but:
to extend EU legislation on road worthiness testing/inspections to motorbikes and other powered two wheelers (which does not exist at the moment)
complete and utter bull****. just another way for those greedy bastards to get some extra money from us.

these tests do exist in some countries at the moment for example the MOT test in the UK

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
The Motorbike airbag has been tested to death,by just about every manufacturer out there.It has been an epic fail.In a lot of cases,it just bounced you higher and quicker over the bars,if your bike didn't have a ridiculously huge full fairing :eek:
And the airbag in clothing standard,is already being rolled out in the UK.

About the only thing that would break my balls,would be the speed limiter in Vans.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

About the only thing that would break my balls,would be the speed limiter in Vans.
yeah that would really suck :(

This one worried me a bit as well:

Examine the possibility of introducing eco-driving into theoretical and practical tests for safer, clean driving.

As long as they are going to modify existing tests and not create a new one :eek: