The $400 sticker!!!!

My normal response to things like this is Jesse James used a gun to rob people but at least he was honest about what he was doing.

I got the impression he is talking about the sticker bandits:Flip:....er...I mean the people who require a sticker to the cost of $400:rolleyes:, not the people trying to wriggle off the hook:(

Oh yeah! Now i see it! Bloody dumb DJ man i am! Yes your right, someone is laughing all the way to the bank!

:(

Just too bad that when it comes to helmets, there can't be some universal endorsement that would be good worldwide, no matter what country you use it in.

I lived in Australia for five years and brought two US purchased helmets in my luggage (Shoei and Arai) when I visited home. The few times the police ever pulled me over they were looking for a valid drivers license, rego and that you weren't drinking. Never had anyone remotely interested in whether I had 'The Sticker' on the lid. It's a pure tax generator but I wasn't going to play the game. It's up to you but it is dumb to get ripped off like that.

Last edited:
I lived in Australia for five years and brought two US purchased helmets in my luggage (Shoei and Arai) when I visited home. The few times the police ever pulled me over they were looking for a valid drivers license, rego and that you weren't drinking. Never had anyone remotely interested in whether I had 'The Sticker' on the lid. It's a pure tax generator but I wasn't going to play the game. It's up to you but it is dumb to get ripped off like that.

Very true , the coppers probably dont/couldnt care less but if you had an accident then rest assured your insurance company would be very interested in that silly little sticker :thumbup:

Very true , the coppers probably dont/couldnt care less but if you had an accident then rest assured your insurance company would be very interested in that silly little sticker :thumbup:

I think you place too much importance on the sticker. People drive with no licenses, expired licenses, suspended licenses, bald tires, no current Rego, and other infractions. But the world goes on if an accident occurs. If you have a prang and are wearing a helmet built to internationally recognized standards, but without the sticker, they will have a hard time not paying a claim. Just my opinion.

Back