Thanks for the Tech bulletin #

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
All this talk of people losing their front sprocket, or having the output shaft threads/splines stripped off made me go look at the VIN # lists and see whether my '05 was in that group or not.

The lock washer/retaining nut have not been a problem to date, and here we are 4 years after purchase.... but with the repeated statements by members here that the service was performed without complaint I called my nearest dealership.

As my bike is in their data base, he didn't even need to check that I knew what the VIN was. He ordered the parts today, and will call me next week when they arrive. The parts will be installed free of charge, as has been stated here.

:cheer::cheer::wav::wav:

Thanks a bunch, folks!

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Could you post the VIN list if possible? Kind of want to know if mine's in there before changing the front sprocket.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Could you post the VIN list if possible? Kind of want to know if mine's in there before changing the front sprocket.

They use some 'short hand' on this. There's a 5 digit alphanumeric as the first group, then the tech bulletin just lists the last 7 digits of the serial number:

(JYA)RJ08E(XX)(A)000005 through -0005165 and
(JYA)RJ08Y(XX)0000003 through -0000810

The stuff in parentheses is in my VIN, but is not listed on the service bulletin. In my case, the first digit of the second number group was an 'A' rather than a zero. Yet they still honored the request to have it replaced for free. (I'm guessing the way the number reads out, I'm within about 140 of the end of the first group.

Again, I found out about this here, and found the Service bulletin as a document right here.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I believe from 06's on there was not an issue with this nut and lock washer but I still checked my 06 to see if it was tight anyway, and cleaned all the gunk out.

NJ GUS

Reaction score
Visit site
I just stopped at my local dealership to ask about this. They have the upgrade in stock and said to bring it in anytime but PLEASE if you hear any noise from that area to stop immediatley. They have a bike in the shop right now with the engine pulled out to do what should have been an easy job. I'm bringing mine in this week.