Test you reaction time

woohoo my average was 0.289 secs. Still that means I've traveled almost 30 feet before I've even applied the brakes :eek:

I got steadily better :thumbup:

0.375 1st (worst)
0.364 2nd
0.342 3rd
0.336 4th
0.298 5th (best)

0.339 average

My average was .425 but it was the first one that threw off the numbers. The first one was a .672 the rest were around .391 to .344

Still thats something to keep in mind, how far you travel even before starting to break. Another thing is the time it takes for your brake lights to light up after you've started applying them. It's a short amount of time, but it translates into distance as well.

Good post. :thumbup:

Average Time 0.3206

That's around 12 metres at 70mph (130km/h). Not bad. Would take a bit more to actually get the bike stopped smoothly.

Thanks for sharing this!!

My average was .368. Not only is this an argument for good brake lines but also for not tailgating. Don't forget that upgraded brake lines performance won't prevent the lackadaisical & distracted tailgater behind you (gabbing on cell phone?) rear-ending you. What will be his/her reaction time to your reaction time?

avarage of 0.346 seconds with a best of 0.266

so somewhere between 9-12 meters before braking..... No more slipstreaming for me,, thank you very much....

But a fun little tester, could get some competitions going on that accord.

My average was .368. Not only is this an argument for good brake lines but also for not tailgating. Don't forget that upgraded brake lines performance won't prevent the lackadaisical & distracted tailgater behind you (gabbing on cell phone?) rear-ending you. What will be his/her reaction time to your reaction time?

Good point. :thumbup:

Average time of 0.334 seconds, ~10 meters traveled at speed. Of course, these numbers only reflect having the brake 'on' vs. 'how much on' they are, and/or what brake equipment you have (ie. stainless lines, worn/damaged parts, etc., etc.), ABS, traction, and so forth. So, in reality the distance numbers could be MUCH higher.

Something to think about, and thanks to the OP.

Best = .063

Average = .2846

Then my mouse finger cramped up:rolleyes:

If only I were that quick on the road...

I'm going to try this after a few cold ones at home, just to see....

Last edited:
This is pretty cool!

Reaction 1: 0.32
Reaction 2: 0.264
Reaction 3: 0.242
Reaction 4: 0.232
Reaction 5: 0.224

Total Time: 1.282

Average Time: 0.2564

Avg. .375
Best .333

I'm o.k. with the times considering I'm another old dude and my mouse doesn't have S/S lines. :D

MY RESULTS!

Capture-3.jpg

Back