Test ride

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't do it! That is unless you want to spend $9500.00. The Tuono is a great motorcycle. I don't have the factory version, but I love my R. The ergos are similar to the FZ6, and the power of the v-twin will put a giant smile on your face.

You have to make yourself keep the front wheel of the Tuono on the ground. It will bring out the hooligan in you.

I have the -1 front sprocket and that helped a little with low speed riding, but the FZ6 is still superior at low speeds. The Tuono just wants to go.

IMHO the FZ6 is a better commuter, but hit the twisties and the Tuono will come to life.

The stickers on the Tuono are junk and most of them come off + and it has a few quirks, just like the FZ6. You can find out all you need to know on the AF1 forum.

I was just kidding on the don't do it thing. I am biased, but I think the Tuono is one of the best motorcycles ever built.

$9500.00 is a great price on an '09 Factory. Is it new? Only thing I couldn't get past on the Factory was the gold frame.

3766308151_72bc542146.jpg

Last edited:

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the looks of the blue and white one. Mine is a left over black '07 and the dealership wouldn't give me the same deal on the blue and white '08 or I would have got that one. The 07 - 09's are the same motorcycles with different colors. $9400.00 is a still a good price, even on the R.

The ridez comparison is not very accurate, if you just compare the specs on the FZ1 and the Tuono, the Tuono will beat the FZ1 in just about every catagory. Don't take me wrong, I love the FZ1 and it was a hard decision, between the FZ1 and the Tuono, but, in my case, the Tuono won me over.

The FZ1 and the Tuono are two completely different animals, and they do not compare to each other very good. You have to think about what kind of riding you want to do and see what is most suited for you. The FZ1 is an excellent commuter and will hold it's own with just about anything in the twisties. The Tuono excels in the twisties and can be an okay commuter.