TB Fz6 exhaust in YZF-R1 2006???

Jayce

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! I have a question, could I install on YZF-R1 2006, the exhaust belonging to a FZ6 2009? They ara the Two Brothers exhaust.

I believe that to be both muflers canister M2 model, might be work.
I know that is a strange question but maybe change my dear FZ6 by R1 and wanted to use the FZ6 TB exhaust already have.

I think what I should do is to adapt the R1 slip-on tube assamble to the FZ6 mufler canister.

what do you think?

FZ6 2 Bros part number: Carbon Fiber M-2 Muffler Canister 005-125-207

R1 2 Bros part number: M-2 Muffler Canister Carbon Fiber 005-238-207

The materials and dimensions, with regard to height and width, as well as ID and OD are the same for all M2 Exhaust canisters. The only variance would be in the length.

Motorcycle Pipe, Aftermarket Exhaust Parts, Yamaha R1 Exhaust

FZ6 2 Bros part number: Carbon Fiber M-2 Muffler Canister 005-125-207

R1 2 Bros part number: M-2 Muffler Canister Carbon Fiber 005-238-207

The materials and dimensions, with regard to height and width, as well as ID and OD are the same for all M2 Exhaust canisters. The only variance would be in the length.

Motorcycle Pipe, Aftermarket Exhaust Parts, Yamaha R1 Exhaust

Hi thanks for your answer!
considering that the only difference is the length, then it is possible?

The only problem is tha to be the Canister shorter, then would be to take away performance
I'm right?

Hi thanks for your answer!
considering that the only difference is the length, then it is possible?

The only problem is tha to be the Canister shorter, then would be to take away performance
I'm right?

The performance would probably be near the same but they are probably a lot shorter and might look funny. :confused: :BLAA:

Edit: Looking at the picture you attached the cans might be the same length. You would need to fab new exhaust tubing and keep the VALE flange.

Last edited:
The performance would probably be near the same but they are probably a lot shorter and might look funny. :confused: :BLAA:

Edit: Looking at the picture you attached the cans might be the same length. You would need to fab new exhaust tubing and keep the VALE flange.

thanks mate, it may be funny!

The idea is to put the cans a few inches behind.
In this way solve the problem of length cans.

here is a picture to understand what I plan to do

thanks mate, it may be funny!

The idea is to put the cans a few inches behind.
In this way solve the problem of length cans.

here is a picture to understand what I plan to do

I have the 09 R1 and my TBR cans are about 1/4 to 1/3 longer than my FZ6 TBR's were the earlier gen R1 will probably be different?

The can for the FZ6 might be fine for your mod just as it is and your main concern might be the the feed pipes to the cans.

This is an 09 R1. Notice the can length.

picture.php

I have the 09 R1 and my TBR cans are about 1/4 to 1/3 longer than my FZ6 TBR's were the earlier gen R1 will probably be different?

The can for the FZ6 might be fine for your mod just as it is and your main concern might be the the feed pipes to the cans.

This is an 09 R1. Notice the can length.

picture.php

god almighty, that is a beautiful machine. congratulations.!!

thanks for the photo, it is clear that the r1 2009 tubes are much longer.

I hope to get lucky and adapt the tubes in the r1 2006.
if I succeed I will put photos

any suggestion is welcome!

Back