Tank Bra Prototype

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I am currently in the process of making a leather tank bra. Template is done. Have to go find a suitable material and bribe my mom into sewing it for me. My wife doesn't sew :( It will be all black with blue stitching and a fz6 logo.

Tank Bra Construction - FZ6-Forum Community Photo Gallery

one question..........will you be making more????? ;) I might want one since i just posted a thread about this the other day looking for a tank bra just like what you are doing. very silly that one isnt made to cover the bottom part of the tank.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at materials...but after I get the prototype done I'll post pics and see if it is hard to do and if I can make some extras for the forum guys!

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got material and cut patterns....

sjryser-albums-mods-picture4131-tank-bra3.jpg

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
almost a year later and with a renewed interest I'm done! Results not too shabby! Got the look I wanted, fit wasn't horrible and goal was to protect the tank with something other than a sticker. What'ya think?

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really nice! I like the fact that it only protects the most vulnerable areas and looks cool. (shame about the creases at the bottom :ban:but otherwise spot on!!):D

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
almost a year later and with a renewed interest I'm done! Results not too shabby! Got the look I wanted, fit wasn't horrible and goal was to protect the tank with something other than a sticker. What'ya think?

Wow, looks great. :rockon:

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
is it much of a pain to take off and on? I'm guessing that it would need to come off before you wash the bike each time.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh man, that looks great!:thumbup:
Perfect compliment for your bike. You say there's a pattern you followed?
I made a pattern out of construction paper first, then traced it to the vinyl.

is it much of a pain to take off and on? I'm guessing that it would need to come off before you wash the bike each time.

Very much a pain! It clips up front and in the middle under the tank but the back is under the tank hinge.