Taller Windshield

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, I have a 2005 FZ6. I live in the PNW and the days are getting cooler. I would like to purchase a taller windshield that will offer more protection and the days get cooler and wetter. I have done some looking and have really not found anything. Could you all maybe help me find something? I have the regular fairing that came on the 2005 model.

Thanks, a lot, Ron

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, I have a 2005 FZ6. I live in the PNW and the days are getting cooler. I would like to purchase a taller windshield that will offer more protection and the days get cooler and wetter. I have done some looking and have really not found anything. Could you all maybe help me find something? I have the regular fairing that came on the 2005 model.

Thanks, a lot, Ron

I went with the PUIG Racing Screen and really like it. It's not as tall as their Touring windscreen, but didn't like the look of that one, so I compromised. But it's still a vast improvement over stock. I live in the Lynnwood area and if you live anywhere nearby, I'm willing to meet you somewhere (North of Seattle) if you'd like to check it out.

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks 2nd childhood and Erci for the responses. Erci, do you know how much higher the PUIG Touring screen is than the stock screen? I also could not find a price. Do I need to call?

Thanks, Ron

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the offer 2nd childhood! I live in Spokane so we are a ways away from each other:(.

Ron

I went with the PUIG Racing Screen and really like it. It's not as tall as their Touring windscreen, but didn't like the look of that one, so I compromised. But it's still a vast improvement over stock. I live in the Lynnwood area and if you live anywhere nearby, I'm willing to meet you somewhere (North of Seattle) if you'd like to check it out.

banddr2

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put a Madstad on mine and it is awsome. Completely adjustable for height and angle, so you can change it for different riding conditions. It completely removes all helmet noise and you ride in a quiet air bubble. Only problem is they are expensive, mine was 305 shipped, I don't know if they make them for your year bike, and alot of sport enthusiests don't like the looks of tall windscreens on sport bikes. But my bike is a commuter bike for me and I'm looking for practicality.

They have a website, search madstad windscreens.

And I forgot to metion, I'm 6'2" and most touring windscreen offerings are too short for me and put my helmet right smack in the wind stream, that's why I had to go with the madstad.

Last edited:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They have a website, search madstad windscreens.

Unfortunately, they dont have a model for 04-06 FZ6 - at least not the last time I checked - I'm guessing it has to do with the way 04-06 shield is attached to the fairing, it starts all the way underneath the headlights. I've been looking for something better than Puig Racing, which is decent, but with my 6'3 frame, my helmet still ends up being right in the turbulence zone.

Does anybody know a website that would have 04-06 Puig Touring screen in the USA? There are plenty of stores carrying Puig Racing, and Puig Touring for 07-on, but not 04-06.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks 2nd childhood and Erci for the responses. Erci, do you know how much higher the PUIG Touring screen is than the stock screen? I also could not find a price. Do I need to call?

Thanks, Ron

Don't know how much taller it is. I remember I contacted them for something before and they replied very quickly (in broken English :D )

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the Puig for 3 years and I'm about to get the touring screen, I live in the PACNW as well and it's just not cutting it for the winter months. I'm 5'9 and it seems to pull the wind up to my chest. I believe the best solution if you don't want the touring screen would be to get a wind lip. Here is a link to the one I will be getting in the weeks ahead. Best of luck.

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/...IGATION_PRODUCT_TABLE_NAVIGATION_KEY.offset=0

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you, having a 2004 model. Some after-market products are harder to come by. I had email with the guys at CalSci a while back. They said they tried to make some touring screens for the S1 but it was quite difficult & not really worth their time.

Here are a couple of options I have come across.

I'm not sure if this a the 'factory' touring screen or not; it is advertised as +8":
Yamaha FZ6 `04-`06 +8" Windscreen, Yamaha, YamahaFZ604058 - Gustafsson Plastics, BikeScreen.com

This may be the same thing:
Yamaha YAMAHA FZ6 TALL WINDSHIELD from MATTHEW'S FUN MACHINES

Laminar Lip for our model:
Laminar Products for Yamaha FZ-6

I am 6'1"; with my Puig racing I get a lot of air at upper chest/neck which creates a roar in the helmet. Putting my left arm up around my neck blocks that wind and kills almost all the noise. I'm not sure a taller screen is going to move the turbulence up enough or not.

Tom