Tail Bag/Pack

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Any FZ6 specific tail bags out there? Not looking for a hard tail bag but a soft one for when i gotta get some groceries and one I can keep on the bike and easily removable.

thanks for any suggestions

I went the el-cheapo route and got a $12.00 soft sided cooler from Wal-Mart. It's one of those that will hold about a six pack with ice. Most folks around here use them as a lunch box. Just ran the shoulder strap under the seat and tightened it up....comes off with the seat, or loosen the buckle and it's off. Extra pockets hold gloves, glasses etc..

I'm gonna try the wlmart bag. Sounds like a cheap way to get a tail bag:thumbup:

Any FZ6 specific tail bags out there? Not looking for a hard tail bag but a soft one for when i gotta get some groceries and one I can keep on the bike and easily removable.

thanks for any suggestions

Luggagelocker.com best coolest nicest and made in USA.

I will say though that the grab handles accomodate any bag very easily, i put on a nelson rigg bag with two bungees and it held twice as much as my old luggage locker bag.

I went the el-cheapo route and got a $12.00 soft sided cooler from Wal-Mart. It's one of those that will hold about a six pack with ice. Most folks around here use them as a lunch box. Just ran the shoulder strap under the seat and tightened it up....comes off with the seat, or loosen the buckle and it's off. Extra pockets hold gloves, glasses etc..
$12.00 tailbag? That's too much money! Now, have to spend $500 for an alarm so nobody will F with it, or worse, steal it. Seriously, hmmm, maybe I'll check out Wall*Mart.

After 6 months and 6k miles of commuting, I would also recommend the Coretec Sport wedge bag. It is easy to remove or place on the bike, and the handle makes it easy to carry into the office. The expandable sides are nice when you need them, although I can fit a laptop and planner without exanding the sides.

I shortened the bungees for the first install, and haven't noticed any stretching. I fit the rear clips under the back of the grab bars, and the front to the holes by the rear pegs. I have seen no scratches on the grab bar with this method, although I am still careful pulling the bungee over the side panels. The rubber pad on the bottom has never slipped, and the rain cover does works well, as tested several times this month.

I hope this helps- good luck. I also hope to finally get some time off of work, and try using this on some overnight trips.

Be safe!

i have some yamaha soft side bags that were, according to the guy a got them from, made for the fz6. they are nowhere to be found online or on yamaha's site. they have the yamaha logo embossed so they are legit, just impossible to find. they even have a little cut out so the passengers heel doesn't dig into the front of the bag. pretty cool. they just velcro on and off.

I bought this tail bag it has many ways to attach it to bike ,The only thing I had to do is cover the painted area between the seat and tail lamp assy with soft cloth because bag fits from the crest for the upperdeck to the tail lamp
The bag is very expandable but would not fit my large Shoei rf900
The only downfall is the fabric is starting to fade from the sun
Link And pic on bike I chose to use 1 bungee cord across the bag to get it off quicker the second picture shows the bag not held down .The bag has a zipper around the bottom and allows you to expand the bag greatly ..
Greg A.

Cycle Gear - CARGO Basics Tail Bag BLACK: Basics Tail Bag, BLACK

cashcrzzy-albums-true-head-lamp-modification-picture698-2008-07080001.jpg

cashcrzzy-albums-true-head-lamp-modification-picture697-2008-07080002.jpg

Axio makes a bag with a hard cover. If you want Black Matte finish it takes longer - mine took over a month. The $105 it cost me is quite a bit more than what people have been talking about on this string, so the McGuyvers out there will not be interested in this bag.

side.jpg

back.jpg

Back