Swag chafes seat handle.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day folks. I hope this info might help someone not chafe the paint off their grab rails. Recently put some rods in my pack and strapped on my swag for a 1100km round trip. The pvc base on my swag is rather grippy and during the course of my ride managed to chafe the paint a bit:eek:. These were my first marks on my bike and it marred my trip slightly:(. The seat was no probs as it is possibly a bit tougher and I have a seat bra on for my work bag. Definitely want to wrap the handles with something before your road trip though. Canvas based swag might be ok but I wouldn't chance it myself.
Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey ozzie welcome, not a bad bunch of blokes down here. (dont believe what they say im not that big a a hole) (just a very green jealous one of wolf)ha ha, good to see more south oz are getting on here.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeas, another South Aussie...great to see, thanks for the info, welcome to the forum, and post lots in the Australian area of this forum at least....hopefully you may even feel motivated to come on a ride with us all sometime soon...when we get one organised!

:aus:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys. Happy to try help folk out and hell keen to catch up for some rides. Gets a bit lonely popping up to Mt. Barker for a ginger beer by myself. Places in the hills sell the best ginger beer I've noticed:rockon:...lol. Really feel like you've earned it sometimes.
Cheers
Mike