Super Noob Question Fun Time!

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, trying to get some flush mounts going, so I got some from cycle gear as well as the indicator leads, and of course...they don't match up.

See the picture, the grey one is the original, the black one is the aftermarket. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and I gave up both times. Where can I find the right leads that will have the correct adapter?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can use bullet type connectors.
bullet connectors | eBay

On the front I imagine you will be using two of the three wires because you will now be with out running lights in the front unless you've made other arrangements. The front wires you'll use will be dark green and black on the front right and chocolate and black on the front left.
The blue wire with a red tracer will not be used. The rear is different and does not use a running lights so you have just two wire per side.

Hope this helps..:D

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it, the idiot guy helping me out didnt bring out the right piece because it said it was for Suzuki's, so I took him the stock one and he saw that it would be compatible. All installed, look good!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Next time use these:

Posi-Lock - Posi-Twist Connectors - webBikeWorld

Snip each end, strip it a bit, insert and twist...no soldering necessary and work great. I used these to do all my connections when I converted to naked. No issues.

I knew armystrong was a smart man (plus, I modeled by bike after his old FZ6N, so...lol)! I love, love, love Posi-Lock and Posi-Tap connectors! I used them, nearly exclusively, behind the Buell headlight when I installed it. They were also used when reworking my turn signals (after the conversion). Oh, and I also used them when hooking up my Hyperlites on the back of the bike. For a electrical-idiot like me, they're a lifesaver!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Next time use these:

Posi-Lock - Posi-Twist Connectors - webBikeWorld

Snip each end, strip it a bit, insert and twist...no soldering necessary and work great. I used these to do all my connections when I converted to naked. No issues.

While I'm sure these work just fine on something relative low wattage, I don't think it's a real substitute for soldering wires together. There is always going to be a gap in conduction without the liquid-filling interface of the solder to join the two wires together. A little solder and a heat gun go a long way to saving the electricals of your bike/car.:thumbup:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
They work GREAT on low wattage projects. If there's a high wattage project going on, I'll be the furthest person from it...with posi-locks or soldering :D.

I attempted to teach myself to solder, but I just couldnt get the process down and didn't have the time or patience to continue to practice...maybe one day. ...but until then, posi-locks are the best non-soldering product I've found on the market. Just my .02 cents.

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site

The shield and the turn signals were both in the same day, waiting on my frame sliders and new rear cover that is absolutely shattered and exposing all the relays :X

Coming together, slowly but surely. Love her to death, though!