Super cheap alarm for any motorcycle.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a quick review of an alarm system that I bought on ebay and have been very happy with it. The device is plain simple and does the job well. It is stand-alone, hence does not need to be wired at all. It runs on 9v battery.

The system is fairly simple. Place the device somewhere on the bike, usually under the seat. Once armed, it will sound the alarm when it detects vibration. It doesn't have a tilt sensor but in this case it is not necessary. If someone sits, or try to fiddle with anything on the bike, it will sound off. The system is armed through an included remote that you can use as a key chain. Disarming it is also done through the same remote.

The alarm is loud enough to deter a thief, but don't expect it to wake all the neighbours. Once set off, the alarm last for a minute then go back to an armed state.

When the battery is brand new, it would sometime stop responding to the arm command from the remote, for which you need to remove the battery to reset. But it only happened a couple of times at the beginning. I have been using it for 2 months now and haven't had to replace the battery yet.

This device cannot compete against offerings from Scorpio and the like but for the price, it is quite unbeatable.

So what's the price? $7 and the price includes shipping! :cheer: I have no idea how it can be that cheap! The batteries are even included. Just buying the battery here would cost more than the alarm, lol. 3 of my biker friends have bought it since they saw it. They use it in combination with they brake lock. The more thief deterrent you have, the better. Each alarm has a unique frequency, so your remote only works with your device.

If you have no alarm system and don't want to invest hundredth of $ into one, I would highly recommended adding this. For the price it is a no brainer.

I bought mine off this seller:
Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Security Alarm 9V + Remote | eBay

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using it for 2 years.
I've bought from dealextreme for $8.
And yes it is very useful. I am happy with it.
It uses a 9V battery that lasts in 1 month.
If you have rechargable 9V battery it's better.