Sup all new to riding

Itachi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im looking at buying this 05 FZ6 this week and wanted some advice. I was really in the market for something like a R6 or basiclly any type of crotch rocket. Im new to street bikes so wanted to stay around 600cc .I was in the store and i saw this FZ6 for a great price, But its not excatly what i was looking for so ive been researching to make my mind up. I guess what i really wanna know is there any kits or custom parts you can add to the FZ6 to make it look a little like the custom crotch rockets ? I really love the look of the extension of the rear tire. I know its more for drag but i just like the look. Anyway would love some tips and advice from you guys.

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im looking at buying this 05 FZ6 this week and wanted some advice. I was really in the market for something like a R6 or basiclly any type of crotch rocket. Im new to street bikes so wanted to stay around 600cc .I was in the store and i saw this FZ6 for a great price, But its not excatly what i was looking for so ive been researching to make my mind up. I guess what i really wanna know is there any kits or custom parts you can add to the FZ6 to make it look a little like the custom crotch rockets ? I really love the look of the extension of the rear tire. I know its more for drag but i just like the look. Anyway would love some tips and advice from you guys.

Where to start with this.... the positive you're looking at an FZ6 or "fizzer". Reading that you are a new rider I can't stress enough the importance of gear. Buy yourself a good SNELL rated helmet, quality gloves and jacket at minimum before you start modding your bike, whatever you end up getting. You like sport bikes, that's awesome...please don't call them crotch rockets. The FZ6 is a highly customizable bike, with an assortment of different looks. I'm not sure the extended rear wheel would be something smiled at around this forum, but to each their own! Use ebay for searching for custom parts, there are plenty. Good luck. Don't be a SQUID! If you are new to riding be sure to google SQUID.
Cheers

Itachi

Reaction score
Visit site
lol thx. The gear was a given. Getting everything with the bike. Shes a galaxy Blue with a smoked windshield and slip on exhaust. Has 14k miles so already broke in. Giving 3k for her so it was a great deal.

Delray226

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new rider (new license and New 2009 FZ-6 last year). I was looking at the R6 and picked the FZ-6 for a few reasons including good impulse control. I couldn't be happier and the FZ-6 is much better for longer rides 300+ miles than the R6. If you plan to eventually have a passenger the R6 is an awful choice.

From what I've seen in this forum there is almost no limit to what can be done with an FZ-6. For power, reliability, and insurance I'm completely satisfied.

Good gear can be cool too. I'll fess up that I'm and ICON fanboy but it has all the right safety certs too. I have a Motorhead jacket, Domian2 helmet, and safety toe shoes. I only wear riding pants when I'm on long rides (I'm guilty here), always jeans at a minimum

Save the $$$ and buy the FZ-6 they're a lot of fun and plenty for a new rider to work with.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new rider (new license and New 2009 FZ-6 last year). I was looking at the R6 and picked the FZ-6 for a few reasons including good impulse control. I couldn't be happier and the FZ-6 is much better for longer rides 300+ miles than the R6. If you plan to eventually have a passenger the R6 is an awful choice.

From what I've seen in this forum there is almost no limit to what can be done with an FZ-6. For power, reliability, and insurance I'm completely satisfied.

Good gear can be cool too. I'll fess up that I'm and ICON fanboy but it has all the right safety certs too. I have a Motorhead jacket, Domian2 helmet, and safety toe shoes. I only wear riding pants when I'm on long rides (I'm guilty here), always jeans at a minimum

Save the $$$ and buy the FZ-6 they're a lot of fun and plenty for a new rider to work with.

:welcome:to the forum! I see you joined a while ago and it looks like this is your first post.
Good on gearing up and Although I have leg gear to wear under my jeans I will soon get a pair of jeans with the Kevlar re-enforcement.
Again welcome!