Sunday 4/19 Angeles Crest

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be going for a ride with a few people on the 19th up and around Angeles Crest Highway. We're meeting at the jack in the box on the corner of Oro Vista Ave and Foothill Blvd (8405 Foothill Blvd, Sunland, CA 91040) at 9am. If anyone wants to join us you're more than welcome but please wear full gear, I dont want anyone getting hurt.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Will this ride be really fast paced? I've only been to Angeles Crest a couple of times and still consider myself to be a novice when it comes to aggressive riding.

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend will be leading us is a good fast rider, but he will have a passenger so that will slow him down. I don't consider myself a fast rider at all and I've never done it so I don't reckon we'll be going too fast.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tentative plans to go for a ride with some friends already. We might dip across the back side of the crest, so if you see a blue FZ6 chasing a green ZX6, thats me :)

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
We had an awesome ride; by far one of my favorites. I love those big sweepers.

I tested out my new GoPro camera for the first time and it turned out great. I have tons of good footage and I learned a thing or two about using it. The shots look a lot better if you're right on top of someone...you lose some of the detail when they're a bit ahead of you.

Here is a link to the video highlights, its kind of low quality; the high res version is still processing.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgP8i-u87rI[/ame]

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
DUDE! That video is awesome! We'll have to make a slower run so that you're right up on me...and next time we'll mount it on mine and get vids of you! What a great day!

haha - I could see the bugs start to pile up on the windshield ;)

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you guys see many cops while out there. I know they love hanging out up there but I'm not sure if they started hanging out there yet.

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
On the contrary! We'll have to do another, faster run and I'll just have to keep up this time

Heres the higher quality version, if you hit the high quality button it looks a lot nicer.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gyRzjiKGnU[/ame]

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
We didn't start at the bottom of ACH...we came up through Upper Big Tujunga. We saw no cops, but upon asking at Newcomb's - they said there were three of them hanging out at the bottom of ACH.

As you see...some of our speed limits weren't very 5-0 friendly ;)

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I love that ride! Ended up riding Malibu on Sunday, but cut it short since there was a big wreck by the rock store (saw two bikes down, an ambulance and a large group of people) :(

That video looks great! After dealing with constant frustration from my gifted ATC2K camera, I really want to get something more like the GoPro.

Nice work and post up the next time you ride, if I'm free I'm always up for a blast through the mountains!