Stuttering when applying hard throttle

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I need a little input on what i just noticed my bike doing. Any info you could offer would be appreciated.

When i go from no throttle wot really quickly, the bike stutters in the lower rpm range, like it is bogging down and trying to stall. It hasn't yet stalled, however. It does the same whether i am starting in first, or sitting in neutral. If i don't go wot almost instantly, it gives me no trouble. Is this an issue with the tps?

Oh yeah, almost forgot: 08, ~2900 miles, bought brand new in february. Not an issue if i need to take it to the stealership, as the warranty should cover any repairs.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a crappy fuel issue.. I'd try some fuel additive (I like Chevron Tectron) and some fresh, maybe higher octane fuel (from a different gas station if you frequent one station), just to eliminate that possibility. You may have crap in an injector....

Kind of doubt the TPS is bad as it wouldn't idle right and act up most of the time. You can check the TPS yourself (do a search, check all the #'s, no skipping and all are there both up and down)

If its under warranty and its still acting up, (after doing the above) I'd bring it to the dealer and have them check it.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Definatly sounds like fuel as mentioned above. Could also be too rich, or throttle bodys are out of sync.

PcH

FZ6 n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
From your description, it sounds like I am having the same problem you are. It feels like you're completely letting off the throttle from a high RPM range for a split second.

For reference, I've only filled up once and it was Chevron 87 octane.

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently running 1/2 can of seafoam along with a tank of chevron gas. It seams as though, when the bike gets really good and warmed up, it doesn't do it as bad. If itbis not running better after tbis tank of gas, i will do a quick check of the tps. If that isn't it, then i am going to go ahead and take it in to the dealership.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I am currently running 1/2 can of seafoam along with a tank of chevron gas. It seams as though, when the bike gets really good and warmed up, it doesn't do it as bad. If itbis not running better after tbis tank of gas, i will do a quick check of the tps. If that isn't it, then i am going to go ahead and take it in to the dealership.

No motor runs as well, when it is not fully warmed up. On the earlier model, there was an indication of when you got the engine up to operating temp.... the last two bars of the tach would blink, until the engine got warm enough.

If you are riding the bike when it's cold, and romping on it hard, you are running on the 'rich' map.... if you smell gasoline in the exhaust, you're probably on the rich map rather than on the optimized main map.

That one kicks in when everything's up to snuff.

With non FI bikes, you had to pay attention to that. The bike would stutter and fart when you tried to romp on it.

FI almost completely eliminates any change in performance between cold and hot.... but it's possible for you to seriously increase the wear you do to the motor if you are getting on it hard before it's had a chance to warm up.