Stripping Stock wheels?

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanted to know how in depth stripping the stock wheels would be, and also once they are bare Alum can i clear them or will i just have to polish all the time?

Sweet thats the look i want...was it difficult to strip just the smooth rim surface and leave the centers black?

I did my 04 wheels and it looked good but the contrast wasn't as noticeable on the silver wheels. I used duct tape to seal around the rim and make sure no paint stripper got where I didn't want it to. Let it sit for whatever time the stripper needs then wipe away with a rag. Total process was an hour maybe. A little bit of mothers polish and voila.

My wheels were originally silver so I didn't have to be too careful with the stripper.
Then I just painted the spokes and hub black and used a rag to get the straight edge.

Thanks guyz....the duct tape was my first thought but didnt know if the stripper would still get thru, also i have aircraft stripper at my disposal, but that stuff is pretty ridiculous, would auto paint stripper be the better route?

Back