Straight pipes?

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
When I took my stock exhaust off to put on my Scorpions, I had to run it up and down the street a few times with nothing but the cat on it.... It sounded like armageddon. IT was fun, my slip ons are a nice compromise though. If you like noise violation tickets and decreased performance (unless you have a power commander) then it is a good option. It was pretty fun though....

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the "noise" (you cant call it a note) will be unbareable..e-marked aftermarket cans are plenty loud enough.

i find the underseat mounted cans to buzz my head much more than equally loud side mounted cans for some reason

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
do it! :D or well at least try it and make a movie of it and put it on youtube :D

I will atleast try as I love making noise:rockon:, but more than likely I'm thinking of going with the M4 exhaust, but there are so many choices:confused:

Ridgeback: by straight pipes I mean no muffler or cat.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Yes! Please make a video that we can use to persuade others that it is a bad idea. :thumbup:

It is gonna sound like total garbage. :spank:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes! Please make a video that we can use to persuade others that it is a bad idea. :thumbup:

It is gonna sound like total garbage. :spank:

Isn't there a vid posted on here somewhere with open pipes? Kinda like a big lawn mower if I recall.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
YouTube - 4drfocus's Channel

found this. there are 3 videos total of his 07 fz6 streetfighter conversion.
Yeah I was looking for that to post. The guy who did it is alright so would probably be okay if you ask him questions on what he did. They don't sound as poppy and nasty as I'd thought and look great. I be they are horribly loud though. I'd like to see a comparison vid of them with the stock/aftermarket pipes with a proper DB measurement, bet it's into the ear-bleeding levels!

Kris_filion

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright so after a full day making my FZ into something Evil I succeeded in removing the exhaust and welding up some straight pipes after the Cat. I drove it home at 2:30am and thought I was going to get a noise violation ticket. I'll get a movie tomorrow, but I think I'm going to be ordering a new exhaust. Any ideas.? Something that will be heard but not illegal, ohhhh and cheap I love cheap!