Stoner responds to criticism from Burgess and Rossi - Rossi replies to Stoner

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A season of spats! :D It makes it all that more fun.

Thursday, 28 April 2011

In a lengthy interview with Spanish sporting daily Marca, Casey Stoner admits he is having one of the best phases in his career to date. The Repsol Honda rider commented that he had been working throughout the winter primarily to get used to the RC212V before development started, and also praised his rivals. Stoner also responded to criticisms from Jeremy Burgess and Valentino Rossi after their move to Ducati, when “they did not know the real potential of the bike because I had not pushed it to the limit, and other things. Or Jeremy saying that only 18 seconds were needed to adjust the bike because it had a very simple setting. They’ve taken months and months with the bike and haven’t improved it. For me, they have to keep their mouths shut because they have not figured out how to ride this bike.”

---------------------------

Saturday, 30 April 2011

After their highly publicised coming together at Jerez almost four weeks ago Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner met on track once more on Friday, for the opening two practice sessions of the bwin Grande Prémio de Portugal. At the end of the day the Australian took issue with Rossi for what he alleged was a case of following him around the Estoril track, and the Ducati rider responded with comments published by Mediaset in which Rossi said he did not understand what the problem was. “These are situations which occur frequently,” said Rossi. “I was not waiting for him, I had simply slowed down to rest. If he doesn’t want to be followed he would have to ride on his own. He’s followed me many times. I don’t know what’s been his problem with me recently. Perhaps he just doesn’t like me. He talks about things he doesn’t know; why I didn’t continue with Yamaha, how my shoulder is…”

Rossi continued: “He was already saying, before the incident at Jerez for which I can only apologise, that I was a negligent rider and that he was worried to come across me on track. Perhaps it’s because he hasn’t gotten over our battle at Laguna Seca. But races are like that… you win some, you lose some.”

--------------

motogp.com · Marca: Stoner responds to criticism from Burgess and Rossi
motogp.com · Mediaset: Rossi replies to Stoner

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Rossi replies to Stoner

A season of spats! :D It makes it all that more fun.

---------------------------

Saturday, 30 April 2011

After their highly publicised coming together at Jerez almost four weeks ago Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner met on track once more on Friday, for the opening two practice sessions of the bwin Grande Prémio de Portugal. At the end of the day the Australian took issue with Rossi for what he alleged was a case of following him around the Estoril track, and the Ducati rider responded with comments published by Mediaset in which Rossi said he did not understand what the problem was. “These are situations which occur frequently,” said Rossi. “I was not waiting for him, I had simply slowed down to rest. If he doesn’t want to be followed he would have to ride on his own. He’s followed me many times. I don’t know what’s been his problem with me recently. Perhaps he just doesn’t like me. He talks about things he doesn’t know; why I didn’t continue with Yamaha, how my shoulder is…”

Rossi continued: “He was already saying, before the incident at Jerez for which I can only apologise, that I was a negligent rider and that he was worried to come across me on track. Perhaps it’s because he hasn’t gotten over our battle at Laguna Seca. But races are like that… you win some, you lose some.”

motogp.com · Mediaset: Rossi replies to Stoner

Rossi is a tosser, and is losing his grip on the media...desperate words from a desperate man, who cant win anymore....that crap aint gonna affect Stoner, Stoner is about 10 streets ahead of Rossi right now, and the LART knows it....am enjoying the new breed of riders leaving the past master in their wake....

I really enjoyed the 4th fastest Honda pipping Rossi for 4th on the last lap of the last race.....nice one Dovi!

:rockon:

:D

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Cute thing is that Lorenzo is feeling left out, and started taking pot shots at Simoncelli to get some extra publicity.

Another nice quote: 2011 Estoril Post-Race MotoGP Test Roundup - On Hindsight, Updates And Insults
Valentino Rossi was far more forthright in his opinions about the riders complaining about aggressive moves. Rossi conceded that in 250s, Simoncelli had made a few moves "at the limit", but in MotoGP, his moves had not been beyond the pail. The problem, Rossi avowed, lay elsewhere: "For me, the problem is that big part of MotoGP riders now are pussies," Rossi declared. "In the past, this is normal, the riders were more like real men. Now it is more like they are children."

Rossi's spreading some hate :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^^^ There are so many things i could say here...but i wont! Am trying to be good! :D

But your right about Lrenzo...he does feel a bit left out, still i would'nt mind being left out, if i was leading the Championship like Jorgey Porgey! :thumbup:

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have nothing but respect for what Rossi has accomplished, and I am all for aggressive riding, but he is trying to ride way beyond the capabilities of that Ducati right now. That move in Jerez was idiotic and self absorbed. And this all on the heels of the way he raced his team mate late last season. I love Simoncelli also, but he has shown the same propensity to ride just outside of his own abilities, or that of his equipment. It would appear that Valentino and Schumacher have more in common than just championships.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also keep in mind that the media are notorious for misquoting, misinterpreting due to things getting lost in translation, and embellishing stories. Not saying they are in any of these cases, but some of these media outlets are pretty much tabloids. Even Casey claims he was misquoted in the press conference before Estoril concerning Rossi riding beyond his talent.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also keep in mind that the media are notorious for misquoting, misinterpreting due to things getting lost in translation, and embellishing stories. Not saying they are in any of these cases, but some of these media outlets are pretty much tabloids. Even Casey claims he was misquoted in the press conference before Estoril concerning Rossi riding beyond his talent.

Yeah fair call, i have been noticing that the press is "turning"on Rossi, for the first time in his Carreer, the "golden boy" is starting to show a bit of "tarnish"....

Maybe the press is not so scared to get stuck into Rossi, now that he is starting to fade from being the number 1 draw card????

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
I could pose a really strong argument for Stoner being the biggest crybaby in all of motor sports. There's really no wonder why he's regarded as "The least celebrated world champion."

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could pose a really strong argument for Stoner being the biggest crybaby in all of motor sports. There's really no wonder why he's regarded as "The least celebrated world champion."

NO! Rossi fans are the biggest crybaby's in motorsport....

:Flip:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hmm. Humpy has already mentioned one of the least deserving World Champs.

Id go pointing that stick at people like Alex Criville, Kenny Roberts Jnr & Nicky Hayden as the worst World Champs.