Steel braided brake lines?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
do anyone experience the left disc is hotter than the one on right side?

Somewhat off topic but,

Only whens something's wrong, ie hung up pistons, calibers, etc.. They should feel the same... GENERALLY, you should be able to get 3/4 -1 full turn or more when spinning the front tire while lifted in the air(front end jacked up). If it stops immediatly, or you can feel the drag, time to examine the caliber thats on the disc getting hot..

BTW, Yamaha recomends replacing brake lines and brake seals every 2 years.... The seal kit comes with brake grease made for the pistons/seals...

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
WTF! Checked my bike today just for understanding better wich setup would fit me best the standard or race setup. To my suprise it seems really difficult changing lines on my bike since it have ABS....both front and rear lines go from caliper into some kind of abs-valve where they are mounted. The lines dosent seem to be atached with banjos or something it looks like they are not "screwable" ! Does anybody here changed lines on fz:s with ABS? Because it seems stupid to change just parts of the brakesystem and still have some old lines left....what to do?
When I was looking for ABS lines for my bike Galfer were the only ones that did them and they weren't available in the UK. :( I had to wait about 6 months. By the time they had arrived HEL had started making them! They use a UNF (I think connector) on the end that goes onto those metal tube things and don't replace them. The rear brake line is only about 10cm! Don't use a spanner when trying to get the stock ones off. They just slip, use locking pliers. Also, you have to use copper "olives" with the UNF connectors. I'll be posting a write-up of how I did mine on my site when I have free time.

Good luck. It was very trial and error when I put mine on.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed non-ABS HEL lines (racing style) last week after looking at all the options and what people like Huxy, Boneman, and Townsends experienced, I felt great about HEL. The only trouble I had was that the lines are clearly a few inches too long on my '09, so routing was a little more tedious, even with some extra p-clips and hose seperators (thanks Huxy for posting pics).

Even though I am in US, I went through the ebay site (helperformance) because I could actually get them cheaper shipped here from UK than I could from HELUSA.com due to currency rates.

Even through ebay, their customer support was fantastic and answered every question I had. The quality of the lines seems excellent as well, and after thoroughly bleeding them, there is definitely QUICKER bite than before.

I would definitely follow the advice on here and give them an email. If nothing else, they would give you some free answers and knowledge.

Scorp

Freemont

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was looking for ABS lines for my bike Galfer were the only ones that did them and they weren't available in the UK. :( I had to wait about 6 months. By the time they had arrived HEL had started making them! They use a UNF (I think connector) on the end that goes onto those metal tube things and don't replace them. The rear brake line is only about 10cm! Don't use a spanner when trying to get the stock ones off. They just slip, use locking pliers. Also, you have to use copper "olives" with the UNF connectors. I'll be posting a write-up of how I did mine on my site when I have free time.

Good luck. It was very trial and error when I put mine on.

Cool man! Looking forward for the write up. Understanding you right its possible to "unscrew" the lines from the valve/connector? Feels likes its good that i have some time before i get into shifting them:D

jbyo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, new to the forum. I just bought a 2009 FZ6 in black. It's my commuter.
I installed Danmoto rears sets and was wondering if anyone had recommendation for a shorter rear brake line. By installing the Danmoto rearsets, and setting them back, I created alot of slack in the stock brake line.

Thank you ,
James
Yonkers, New York

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out Core Moto brake lines. USA made, fully customizable. I installed front and rear over a year ago, and am very happy with the quality. They send everything you need to get the job done.
Their web site appears to let you add length to the stock size, but doesn't have an option for shorter lengths. I'm sure you could contact them though and request the length you need. Excellent customer service to go along with the excellent product.

Custom and Aftermarket Sport Bike Parts and Accessories â?? Core Moto specializes in custom colored stainless steel braided brake lines Available for Sportbikes and Dirt bikes | Performance Brake lines | CoreMoto.com

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, new to the forum. I just bought a 2009 FZ6 in black. It's my commuter.
I installed Danmoto rears sets and was wondering if anyone had recommendation for a shorter rear brake line. By installing the Danmoto rearsets, and setting them back, I created alot of slack in the stock brake line.

Thank you ,
James
Yonkers, New York

The stock (from HEL) rear brake line is somewhat long to begin with.

I sent it back and had them shorten it (forgot how much, its been years), no charge.

You can get them to any custom length. I would either use part of the brake line you currently have, then measure how much longer/shorter you need, say center to center or how ever they measure them. I went thru my local independent dealer, and got it back with maybe two days...

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed non-ABS HEL lines (racing style) last week after looking at all the options and what people like Huxy, Boneman, and Townsends experienced, I felt great about HEL. The only trouble I had was that the lines are clearly a few inches too long on my '09, so routing was a little more tedious, even with some extra p-clips and hose seperators (thanks Huxy for posting pics).

Even though I am in US, I went through the ebay site (helperformance) because I could actually get them cheaper shipped here from UK than I could from HELUSA.com due to currency rates.

Even through ebay, their customer support was fantastic and answered every question I had. The quality of the lines seems excellent as well, and after thoroughly bleeding them, there is definitely QUICKER bite than before.

I would definitely follow the advice on here and give them an email. If nothing else, they would give you some free answers and knowledge.

Scorp

Since they are brand new, warranty will be covered through HEL right? In that case, can you ship the line and resize according to your bike? I would love to know..!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool man! Looking forward for the write up. Understanding you right its possible to "unscrew" the lines from the valve/connector? Feels likes its good that i have some time before i get into shifting them:D
Yup. I documented them on my website linked to in my signature below.