Speedo problem

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
Just returned from touring Scotland and i have found that my speedo is between 4-6 mph to fast.

Can the speedo be re-calibrated by my Yam dealer or is there a simplier solution

Thanks in advance

ps the tour was awesome on my Fazer :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
Just returned from touring Scotland and i have found that my speedo is between 4-6 mph to fast.

Can the speedo be re-calibrated by my Yam dealer or is there a simplier solution

Thanks in advance

Use the search function, tons of info on this and speedo-healer installation.
Neil

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance

4-6 mph error is typical. The only way to fix it is with a speedo healer. I have one on my bike and love it, but I got it because I changed the gearing. I wouldn't have bought it for a 4 mph error.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you do big highway mileage, go a 17T front sprocket. That will make the speedo accurate to within 1%.

Cheers,
Rick

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha claims there speedos are off 5%-10% from the factory. Yet even though the speedo is off the odometer is dead on perfect, and in the process of correcting the speedo it will throw the odometer off.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Speedohealer. Mine was off (read high) about 4 MPH at GPS indicated 60 MPH

You can adjust it so your speed is dead on, it also has a device that records your top speed . With the touch of a button you can re-set it (kinda cool)... It can easily be removed for your next bike should you change bikes as well..

As noted above, going a front sprocket tooth larger will bring it much closer and lower the RPM's on the highway, however I was very happy with the stock gearing performance.

BTW, Yamaha won't touch the calibration (its built into the bike, ECU), they may do the install of the Speedohealer and should be able to do the sprocket change. If you can raise the tank, you can install the Speedohealer. Plug it into the harness, set the calibration, re-assembly, go ride...

Last edited: