speeding remedy?

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
They wouldn't. That was a reply to greg's comment. In fact, naked was actually much quieter than the faired bike.

I know it wasn't your comment Erci. I'm not surprised that a naked one is quieter less buffeting by the wind. I just thought it was a strange comment.
The naked versions look sweet but I still love my fairing. It was one of the things attracted me to the FZ6.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it wasn't your comment Erci. I'm not surprised that a naked one is quieter less buffeting by the wind. I just thought it was a strange comment.
The naked versions look sweet but I still love my fairing. It was one of the things attracted me to the FZ6.

I loved my 6 naked conversion, but FZ1 is staying faired.. allows me to ride in much colder weather at hwy speeds without freezing my arse off :D

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
-1 front sprocket would raise your indicated speed and your cruising RPMs so you feel like your going faster- just try not to do the math in your head like others have mentioned.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Come on out west some time. I know plenty of roads in Nevada where we can cruise well past a buck with no problems like cops, traffic, animals etc.
I love to hold my FJR at 7K rpm (125mph) for miles then when I back it down to 85 you just want to get off and push as it seems so slow.

PS saw a buck 61 on my FZ1 over there- yahoo!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
leave earlier if you can for wherever youre going. and try to, before you leave, relax and think to yourself that youre not in a race. i used to drive fast in a car (relatively anyway @85mph):spank: on the highway but now i usually stay around 65-75 just by talking myself out of a rush. or you could take backroads home and the interstate to wherever youre going.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Come on out west some time. I know plenty of roads in Nevada where we can cruise well past a buck with no problems like cops, traffic, animals etc.
I love to hold my FJR at 7K rpm (125mph) for miles then when I back it down to 85 you just want to get off and push as it seems so slow.

PS saw a buck 61 on my FZ1 over there- yahoo!

if only there were more safe places like that......:rockon:

I actually went +1 on the front to drop the rpms and get better gas mileage, make it smoother, etc. since my commute is 65miles one way it adds up rather quickly :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're speed in the triple digit MPH range, I hope you get pulled over and arrested ASAP for dangerous driving. Take it to a track.

That's a pretty sh!ty thing to say!!! I wouldnt wish that you have a heart attack just because you choose to eat at mcdonalds. Besides making a complete D-Bag comment like that if you have never used the performance of the fz6 to even half of its potential, example, speeds over 100mph, then why own a bike like it? And there are plenty of times and places where it is just as safe to go over 100 as it is on a track.

To Yamahahoe try to make yourself paranoid lol make yourself think that the car your coming up on is a cop, so is the car following you, as well as the one heading in the opposite direction of travel. Basically every car around where your at has the potential of being a cop, and to be honest, in the kennesaw area that's not exactly false lol

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I am paranoid. I am not sure if there is any profession i dislike more then cops, Id rather work in a daycare then be hated by everyone.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ignorant attitude. Not everybody hates cops, only people that need to fear them. :Flip:

Just like with every profession there are good people and bad people, unfortunately there are bad cops, and cops around where me and yamahoe live do stereotype people a lot. That is reason enough to be paranoid, even with my brother being a Leo

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, people hate cops.

Must be nice to live in a world where you never need their help..........

Good and bad IN ALL jobs, races, religions etc. Good job people aren't like that about bike riders :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, people hate cops.

Must be nice to live in a world where you never need their help..........

I love cops myself, heck I don't even mind getting pulled over anymore as long as I deserve to, it's when I get pulled over for things like, not wearing my seat belt when I was wearing it the whole time, or my favorite my 3rd brake light being out when the car I was driving was made before that was a law and did not have a 3rd brake light

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love cops myself, heck I don't even mind getting pulled over anymore as long as I deserve to, it's when I get pulled over for things like, not wearing my seat belt when I was wearing it the whole time, or my favorite my 3rd brake light being out when the car I was driving was made before that was a law and did not have a 3rd brake light
Yeah, I can understand frustration like that. Pick on the RIGHT people and there's no problem.

Like I said before, what really gets me is when people say "I hate cops" and then a loved one gets attacked, or their house gets burgled etc. Who do they call? Not ghostbusters that's for sure. They want the cops to help them then......

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
the problem is exactly that they dont pick on the right people. They see a bike on I285 and they assume that we are a part of those morons in the "blast squad" or my personal favorite they ticket you for everything they even think they can apply whenever they stop you.

I think this thread is devolving into a dark place that none of us really want to go :ban::shakehead:

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
the problem is exactly that they dont pick on the right people. They see a bike on I285 and they assume that we are a part of those morons in the "blast squad" or my personal favorite they ticket you for everything they even think they can apply whenever they stop you.

I think this thread is devolving into a dark place that none of us really want to go :ban::shakehead:

let's turn it around then :)

the fines for speeding are levels of magnitude, that generally match the degree of which you broke the law/ordinance. it's fair, it's real, it's accepted by people/society, or they would refuse (en masse) to pay the fines.

would you prefer SUV's (helllo mr shaddup i'm doing business/facebooking/texting here!) travel at triple digits everywhere ?

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I think I am the only 24 year old "kid" on this forum who doesn't love speeding.
I love twisties though. The only reason I would go fast, is to have some fun in the twisties.

I also love to accelerate hard, but not to warp speed.

Ever since I installed the Akra's (without DB-killers) I love the deep sound in the very low RPM. and low RPM means low-average speed. So I just love cruising around town and listen to the exhausts sing me a lullaby.

Also, when I do go fast, the chain throws pieces of grease onto my exhaust. And that makes a mess!

And on the topic of the cops.... I don't love them, but I do respect them.
Everytime I see them I'm checking myself to see if I'm doing something wrong or not :p
I have been passed by by a lot of cops in my little town, and none of them are bothered by my ridiculously loud exhaust.

Ps. The motorcycle cops ride a FZ6 too, so they will always get a bikers salute from me :thumbup: