Speed Triple 4 Sale - Good Deal?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you may have seen, I made a post about selling my bike. I have a friend selling his 2007 Speed Triple due to lack of use and I am in love with the bike. The hope is to sell mine, and pick up his before he starts getting serious and looking for a buyer online or through other venues.

Its a 2007 Speed triple with 17xxx miles. It has a brand new set of tires (less than 1000 miles) a nice steering damper, CF heel plates on the rear sets, CRG bar end mirrors, nice LED FE kit, and a bunch of CF accents.

I took a close look at the bike and also spoke to my buddy and here are my findings. Tranny cover has some minor scratches from when the bike was dropped in a driveway. The left radiator cover is also scratched, but the broken turn signal was replaced. No other cosmetic damage from the drop. The front brake pads are low and will need to be replaced soon. Tiny bit of rust on the shifter side rear set linkage but no other rust was found.

He was looking to get $5000+ but said he would give me the "friends and family" price of $4500 which I think is an awesome deal. What do you guys think? Anything about this bike, or these bikes in particular I should know or watch out for?

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
If you ask me, your bike looks way better than the triple, even with all of the nice accents he's done. ;) But in all seriousness, a friend of mine has a 96 (around there) Speed Triple that is his baby and it is a blast to ride. I only took it up and down the street, but it's definitely a fun bike and I think you'll be happy with it. Although, it is worth mentioning that it was definitely a much more aggressive and "sporty" bike, so if you're doing a lot of long distance riding you may want to consider that; although from images it looks like the 2007 has a slightly more comfortable position.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
If you ask me, your bike looks way better than the triple, even with all of the nice accents he's done. ;) But in all seriousness, a friend of mine has a 96 (around there) Speed Triple that is his baby and it is a blast to ride. I only took it up and down the street, but it's definitely a fun bike and I think you'll be happy with it. Although, it is worth mentioning that it was definitely a much more aggressive and "sporty" bike, so if you're doing a lot of long distance riding you may want to consider that; although from images it looks like the 2007 has a slightly more comfortable position.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. I do love my bike, but there is just something very enticing to me about the triple. Maybe its the fully adjustable suspension, maybe its the single sided swingarm, maybe its the short rear end, or maybe its the dual round headlights. Whatever it is, I love that thing..haha!

In reference to the riding position, it is a bit lower than the FZ6, but seems pretty comparable to my bike with the FZ1 bars. I have only sat on it, but plan to take it out on a ride sometime soon to make sure it is comfortable for me. From the looks of it and the ergos of the bar, I would guess it is similar to our bike.