sparkplugs

octonaut

Reaction score
Visit site
What nimble little hands the Japanese factory workers must have!

The odo. just clicked over 25,000, so i figured i had better change the plugs.

After referring to the service manual, I gave the bike a wash clean and got out the tools.

Remove the bolt that holds the radiator hose in place on the block and the bolt from the bracket that holds the radiator firm at the bottom. Doing this will give you the essential few mm`s in play, that are required to remove the plugs and spark plug caps.

It took me about an hour to do all 4, but 15 minutes of this time was cursing and head scratching. The last one, or #1, was pretty bloody tight to get enough room to remove the plug cap, and not much room to spin a socket either, but simple enough if you have the paitence.

After putting her back together, and taking her for a quick spin, it seemed that she was a little more responsive on the throttle.

I think, that if you buy a 2nd hand bike, its essential to keep track of the required maintinence, and to kinda re-set the bike at the start of your ownership, so that way, you yourself know when she`s due for an oil/coolant change, brakes and plugs ect.

Ride safe. Peace. :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
im a bit slack when it comes to maintenance or i'm just quite secure in my income stream
i had my mech. change plugs and air filter and he also flushed my brake fluid as part of the 20k. service

now it goes faster, gets to speed faster and stops harder too

im v happy bout all of that

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On my 07, using the factory spark plug tool, I'm able to swap them out in approx 25 minutes total (once you figure out the short cuts). That's with getting a torque wrench in there too...

A little bit of di-lectric grease on the rubber upper plug wire (seals) makes re-installation MUCH easier and you can actually hear/feel the cap snap onto the spark plug. Makes it easier next time too. Its not difficult to have a wire cap NOT FULLY snapped onto the plug..

Last edited: