Something to hold the front brake?

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
When I use a rear stand, I tend to want to hold the front brake to feel more secure.
I think zip tie have been helpful but I have to cut it every time I finish using it and it can't be reused.
I was thinking if there is such a product that would hold the front brake and reusable.
I have seen a lock which can hold the front brake but that's not quite what I am looking for.
Thx.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why does this bother you? Do you park your bike on a slope? I use a Sharp Racing rear racing stand when my bike sits in the shed. No problems.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
When I use a rear stand, I tend to want to hold the front brake to feel more secure.
I think zip tie have been helpful but I have to cut it every time I finish using it and it can't be reused.
I was thinking if there is such a product that would hold the front brake and reusable.
I have seen a lock which can hold the front brake but that's not quite what I am looking for.
Thx.

It's an issue that someone without a center stand would feel more concern with, I guess.

Your race stand has a wider footprint both in length and width than the center stand..... it's more stable than the center stand. My center stand held my bike up with no problems in 60 and 70 MPH gusting winds..... I'd bet your race stand would do the same.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
While I would not be concerned, one of the local shops keeps the front brake on all of the time on their showroom models. They simply use a cable tie cut to an approximate length so that the lever must be pulled past a certain point to slide it over the lever/grip, but when the lever is released the front brake is still applied. Works for them!

Last edited: