Something I ran into this week on the bike

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
I was waiting at a busy intersection just after filling my bike up with sunoco ultra 93. I sat in the left turn lane waiting for the light to give me an arrow.

Light gives me a green arrow, i wait for 2 seconds before starting to go. Some lady in a car comes and turns right in front of me. I come to a stop all most in the middle of the intersection lay on my horn and stare her down :mad:. She looks right back at me just as coldly. WHAT THE F*** (excuse the language) is up with people. She had a red light for more than 4 seconds and still went??!!!!

Here is the reminder i got:
Always wait 2 seconds or more at a light.

People are stupid especially when they want to get home from work. The fact that she didn't even want to own up to her illegal activity pisses me off. I wish i was a cop at that point, i would have written her a ticket she wouldn't forget.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Running red lights is becoming more and more popular. I was down in Florida a few years ago and a friend warned me to be careful when the light turns green. I thought he was kidding but with the amount of elderly down there they will often fly through lights that have been red for quite some time. As traffice gets worse and people get more impatient you start to see it more.

All that being said I do the same and slowly accelerate and make sure I look when a light turns green. Once clear I will accelerate.

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that is correct and the crazy thing as well was that I did LOOK and she came flying up to the intersection. It was a very bad decision on her part. Thankfully i wasn't going more than 5 mph.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
on my way back to work, there is 3 lanes at a stop light. rightlane turns right, the other 2 turn left. guy in the left, (at a red light thats been red for half the time) just takes off and goes left through traffic, yea.. wish people had a bit more commen sense and realize that its not a race...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
just like your parnets taught you....look both ways before crossing the street! Still applies! Glad you made it out ok. :thumbup:

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an accident in 2006 (in my truck) with a guy who ran a red light. I was the 4th car back in the left lane. The 3 in front of me all turned left (north) and I was going straight (east). Guy came from the right (south) and didn't even slow down (he was going 50+). Usually I would have gone to the right lane and gone around the slower people turning left, but for some reason I didn't that day. Probably saved my life. I actually hit the brakes and swerved and almost missed him... thankfully I wasn't going to fast and just clipped his left rear and didn't spin him or anything.

But I always look both ways at one way streets because I've nearly been hit before by someone going the wrong way.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I've almost been hit twice in my car by idiots flying through red lights.
One of them a mexican who probably didn't even have a license, I chased him down and bitched him out.
Second time a local taxi service, all the drivers are crackhead criminals who think they are above the law, I chased him down and called the police.
Both were instances where I was turning left and the light had been green for ME for about 3 seconds, which means red for them for about 5, and they were both going 20mph over the speed limit.

Then there's the one where you are turning left on green, and someone across the street decides to turn right on red, go 2 lanes wide(illegal) and cut you off, and proceed to go 5mph.