Someone recommend a sport riding glove?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I had S&S gloves last season - they started to come apart after 4 or 5 rides.

Wanting a glove with good abrasion protection and knuckle armour. Also should have good ventilation for the hottest weather, probably perforated leather would be best. Not interested in mesh anything.

Can you guys help me out with suggestions?
Price range would be $100 or less

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy Birthday again.
Treat yourself pal , get a set of nice Held Phantoms, they are available at a heavy discount at most online stores. I just picked up a pair this week for 199$, quality and protection is every where. Oh and they are super light.
Have been endorsed by plenty.

You can also look at the Teknic Violator 2013 gloves priced at 145$
and you can pick them up at [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Teknic-Violator-Gloves-XX-LARGE-BLACK/dp/B009S9K900"]Amazon.com[/ame]

I am also a fan of HighvelocityGear.com, small but quality company.
Have bought a couple of pairs of gloves and armor from these guys. Do give them a look
High Velocity Gear

Good luck!!!

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the new S&S gloves. I had the older ones and they fell apart also. I have the newer ones and they have held up to 6 months and two wrecks of riding.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
i have astar sp3 70.00 dol from motosport.com, i love mine, they fit perfect and are comfortable.

Do you have the shortie version? (minimal gaunlet) costs more but looks exactly like what I am wanting to get.

How good is the ventilation? They don't appear to be perforated

Thanks

FB

Grodd70

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Teknic Violators they are a bit more then the $100 amount about 30-40 dollars more. What I like about them is the KNox palm pucks. They are hard solid plastic pucks double stitched sewn in the palm section.

Ever since being little kids our first reaction is to put hands out to catch ourselves and the hard pucks are designed to shoot your hand out into a slide.

The Teknic version is much cheaper then the actual Knox Handoids. Teknic does not to my knowledge make a small non gauntlet version. However, another company does ....Weise is the name that offers same palm pucks short glove.

Ride safe

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my second pair of Castle Streetwear Axis gloves $55. They have perforated leather, gel palm pad, knuckle armor and have a venting mesh on the inside of the fingers that if you spread your fingers while riding they cool right away.

In all it is actually my 3rd pair. My first pair I busted a seam pulling them on after about 200 miles, mostly my fault. I took them back and they got warrantied out. The second pair got ripped during my first accident, they held together really well considering I came down in some relatively sharp rock and my hand didn't really take any damage, but my thumb did get banged up but no glove would have made a difference there. The third pair I've had for about 600 miles, no problems, breaking in perfect.

For the price I think they are a great glove, quality material and good fit.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my second pair of Castle Streetwear Axis gloves $55. They have perforated leather, gel palm pad, knuckle armor and have a venting mesh on the inside of the fingers that if you spread your fingers while riding they cool right away.

In all it is actually my 3rd pair. My first pair I busted a seam pulling them on after about 200 miles, mostly my fault. I took them back and they got warrantied out. The second pair got ripped during my first accident, they held together really well considering I came down in some relatively sharp rock and my hand didn't really take any damage, but my thumb did get banged up but no glove would have made a difference there. The third pair I've had for about 600 miles, no problems, breaking in perfect.

For the price I think they are a great glove, quality material and good fit.
The best option is to go to the shop and try some on.
I use Spada gloves, they have always served me well. On the odd occasion we get dome sun I have a pair of ventilated Hein Gericke gloves. Spada on the left Hein Gericke on the right.

Neil

Last edited:

FazrDan

Reaction score
Visit site

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not again, just pony up $200 and get the Motoport Kevlar Racing Glove, it will be the last pair of gloves you will every buy, unless you plan on riding in freezing temps.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Not again, just pony up $200 and get the Motoport Kevlar Racing Glove, it will be the last pair of gloves you will every buy, unless you plan on riding in freezing temps.

+1 what he said...:thumbup:

Quality gear is less money in the long run.:thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

So at first the sound of Kevlar in the form of a riding glove didn't compute, so I went to the website and read up on them. They sound pretty impressive.

Can you confirm the temperature coolness? I'm in AZ so perforated leather has been the best option thus far. Did you have these when you were in Vegas?

Also the look of them is pretty janky, do they show signs of wear making them look even jankier?

D

Dave.TX

I'd also vote the Alpinestars SMX-2. I've been wearing mine for 1.5 years and about 18,000 miles give or take. They are cool enough in the Texas summer heat and are durable as all get out. I've put some leather dye on mine to get them to look black again as they're sun faded but otherwise have held up nicely. I've even thrown them in the washing machine a couple of times.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Icon Pursuit Perforated sounds like exactly what your looking for.

Icon Pursuit Perforated Gloves - RevZilla

I own the non perf and love em. Good build and feel.

Look around might be able to find them for even cheaper than that.

I have a pair of the perforated Pursuits. They're very comfortable even in the hottest of weather and give great feel of the controls, but I worry about how protective they would be in a crash. The knuckles are reinforced, but not hard plastic or CF, and there's not much extra material in the palm. I've been using my (new) pair since July of last year and I notice just a tiny hole in the index finger of the left glove. I'm in the market for a slightly more protective pair. I'm considering these:

Held Agadir Gloves - RevZilla

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
With that price range, you'll be buying another pair next year. :eek: Spend the money and get a great pair that will last a few years, and give you better protection.:cheer:

I have bought from motorcyclegear.com (formerly Newenough.com) everytime I needed gloves. The last pair was $30 on sale (original $100 gloves) and have held up fine through 2 riding seasons (about 10,000 miles).

I personally can't see spending close to $200 on the one piece of gear most likely to get lost, stolen or eaten by the dog, etc. As long as they have good palm/wrist and knuckle protection and are comfortable I'll take them.