Some Crowd sourced opinions and info

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all- I have an interesting dilemma.

A friend of mine mentioned to me last night about how he works on auto/motorcycle shows and has a buddy who runs the Suzuki booths (or displays or whatever they're called). Anyway, he said that if I want to get, basically any type of Suzuki bike, that I can for ridiculously cheap. (Like 3k for a new Gixxer 1000 with a few hundred miles or less on it, yes, I wasn't joking for ridiculous. They are just show bikes, no road miles, just whatever it took from the truck to the booth to setup.)

The question I have is what's the recommendation for either a Adv/Sport or Touring or even cruiser. I don't want the gixxer, just not interested.

Any advice or historical run in with Suzuki's? I had a '99 bandit for a brief stint (about a month) and an old '72 suzuki cruiser (it was a P.O.S. that I drove in college about 15 - 20 years ago, but that's about it.

and, before anyone asks....no, you can't have one. sorry. :(

Let 'er rip.....

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the V-strom

DL1000_ADV_WHT_L5_P_1.jpg

and SV1000S.

Actually did they quit making the SV1000?

GSX-S750 Looks pretty sweet!

100214top-i.jpg

Nice bikes and those high revving V-twins are a blast! :thumbup: The V-strom is an excellent touring bike that could do some adventure type rides easily while still being fun in the twisties. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Eddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Surely they didn't quit making what has to be one of the most popular budget first big bikes? Guessing they may not put it on show as they have more pricier models they want to show off, it's certainly still on the UK site https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/motorcycles/street/

My dad's friend had a V-Strom and rated of it highly and he used it daily for commuting.

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro-

Yeah they have the 650XT. I like that one too, but I want the extra cc's from the 1000.

Definitely liking the Stroms. fo' sho'.

We'll see...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro-

Yeah they have the 650XT. I like that one too, but I want the extra cc's from the 1000.

Definitely liking the Stroms. fo' sho'.

We'll see...

Do you have any contact info so I might look at the XT and try and nab it at a great price like that Gixxer 1K ?

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have any contact info so I might look at the XT and try and nab it at a great price like that Gixxer 1K ?

I wish. It's my friend's contact. I haven't met him yet. Hopefully soon because I honestly don't know what the inventory picture is like. I was led to believe I can pick from the offerings but I'll report back once I can meet up with him. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VStrom 1k is an outstanding bike. I've demo'd it several times.. I'd love to own one.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked out the GSX-S750 at the show a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. It's sweet. Very big possibility if I decide to get a new bike in the future.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
The only Suzuki I ever had was absolutely bullet-proof. I seemingly could not hurt that bike.