Sold the FZ1 and brought this home.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Needed a little work, cleaning up, and a few more things (personal preference stuff). Turned out pretty good and WOW............is this fun to ride.. :thumbup:

IMG-20120509-00204.jpg

R1-2.jpg

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Unbelievable, the FZ1 had a ton of pull all the way to the top end but not like this. Makes the FZ6 and the FZ1 I had feel like they were made out of wood.

And to think some squids somewhere are out buying R1's for their first bike as we speak...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! What a good looking R1. :eek:

I'm pretty sure I'd end up in jail if it was mine.....:BLAA:

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking R1!

How is the riding position? I don't think my old frame could hunker over for any extended duration.

I really like it, I had the bars 1" lower than stock on the FZ and it just wasn't enough. The wind on my chest at cruising speed actually keeps the weight off my wrists pretty well. I'm 43 years old and it doesn't bother me. Of course my longest ride so far has only been 150ish miles.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like it, I had the bars 1" lower than stock on the FZ and it just wasn't enough. The wind on my chest at cruising speed actually keeps the weight off my wrists pretty well. I'm 43 years old and it doesn't bother me. Of course my longest ride so far has only been 150ish miles.
I wish i had chosen a different profession as a young man over 20 years of turning wrenches have left me with wrists that pump my forearms to the point of
muscle cramps in about 5 miles on a sport bike..... I'm jealous!! Nice Bike!! :rockon: :rockon: