Sold my baby blue...

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 16 years and a couple of months, 57,000-odd kilometres and countless happy memories my 2004 Fazer, one owner since new, is going to a new home.

Since I bought my Tracer almost 3 years ago I haven't ridden the Fazer more than a couple of times, my wife was going to ride it but when she failed her licence she lost interest and it was just standing there on the Optimate getting older by the day.

I hadn't actively been trying to sell it but several months ago when Corona was still just a Mexican beer my brother in law and his wife were here for a braai (that's a barbeque with real meat, not burgers) and he started asking me all sorts of questions about the bike. He tried it for size, he is not a tall guy but it fits him perfectly, his wife got on the back and liked the feel, I mentioned a figure and the deal was done.

Fast forward a few months and he called me out of the blue this morning asking for my bank details to transfer the money!

This was my first bike after 20 years in the wilderness so I am pretty attached to it but it is going to a good home and I can see it whenever I want. :cool:

I am sure he will have as good a time on it as I did, when my wife and I first started dating back in 1978 I had a Suzuki AC50 and her brother had a Yamaha XT500 so times have changed!

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Three years into the Tracer...How about a summary review? Obviously you prefer it over the FZ6 since you only rode it 3 times since!
I'm losing sleep at night contemplating getting a new 2019 Tracer at rock bottom prices nearby... need some words of encouragement or discouragement.
FWIW, my 05 FZ6 is all sorted out and running like a dream. But that shouldn't matter, right? lol.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Fazer and the Tracer are completely different and not only because of the engine capacity. The Tracer triple engine has a lot of grunt low down and with the pipe I have on mine it sounds like a Honda CBX when you wind it up. The seating position and the stock bars are perfect for me, I can't say the same for the stock screen as it doesn't seem very effective above 100km/h. If you wind it from standstill it gets a nasty headshake which I had read about before I bought mine but if you ride it nicely it isn't noticeable.

I took the handguards off as the bars are a lot wider than the Fazer's and I was getting nervous lane splitting.

Both are great bikes in their own way and you will not regret the Tracer.

There is a lot more knowledge and experience here: https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/ewr-porta/