SoCal riders 8-23-08 Big Bear

Hey fellas, I won't be able to make the ride. Long story short, one of my best friends had a painting fall on her at a bar/restaurant. She had 5 stitches put in the top of her head, but at least she's ok. So, we just got back from the emergency room and I'm going to sleep. So have a good safe ride guys. I expect to see some killer pictures!!!

KG

Hey guys, sorry I didnt make it. I left from my girls apartment on the San Diego State campus at like 730, I booked up 15 probably averageing 110mph! Woops! I made it to River side and took a wrong turn. I was ontime, but next thing you know it was 9, so I decided to cruise back. I was sooo poed that I didnt get to ride with you guys, and after going so fast, I could use a new back tire.

Ohh ya, with a 15t sprocket, I got the bike up to an indicated 156mph going uphill, so im guessing somewhere around 140-145? Cops were lenient this morning I guess, I deserve a few tickets.

Sorry I didn't make it guys. 6:30am came really quick and I wasn't feeling so hot. Felt hung-over without any drinking last night, and I definitely didn't want to have a long day riding feeling like that.

Hope you have a great time and stay safe!

Checking in...
Here are some photos form today's run.

2791022958_d02f7f0bfc_o.jpg

2791022818_b62b1628ed_o.jpg

2790173597_3568e1f098_o.jpg

2791022530_a2a87db8fc_o.jpg

2791022442_b24ef8409b_o.jpg

2791052402_64b9e8968b_o.jpg

504 miles clocked today. The weather was great, and the scenery of the lake and viewpoint looking down 6000 feet from the top of the mountain was awsome. Just too bad we didn't stop! We just zipped on by. We didn't even stop for lunch. It was a very fast paced ride. Only saw one cop during the group ride, and we had a slow cager in front of us to thank for. Otherwise, the cop might have made is quota for the month.

Just surprised how many cagers are so courteous and pull over when we come up behind them so that we can pass.

Only had a chance to take a couple of pics, and this was when I was waiting to meet up with the group. The area that I waiting to meet up with the group was kind of quiet, so I could hear them coming miles away. LOL...

Great day! :D Nice to meet you guys... Thanks Danny for organizing the ride!

A sea of Yams... find the error:

2790504071_549765ccca_o.jpg

A couple more...

2790504967_77d600acda_o.jpg

2791353940_30a93e73ee_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great day! :D Nice to meet you guys... Thanks Danny for organizing the ride!
As sea of Yams... find the error:
Umm, the error is that we are standing on the side of the road instead of riding.

Nice day, great weather, only one crash (NOT WAVEX) and a no tickets! Looking forward to the next ride.

I had a good time, thanks everyone for coming will have to do it again soon:thumbup:

Had a blast guys. Who got pulled over on the 15? Were they speeding?:(

That would have been Jason. We were both speeding and he got nipped by an unmarked car. I saw him coming and recognized the body language as he moved through traffic to catch us, so I slowed down, but it was too late for Jason. I'm pretty sure he didn't get a ticket though, just a warning. I pulled off the highway to wait for him and it didn't take him very long to catch up to me, definitely not long enough to write a ticket.:thumbup:

All-in-all, a great ride today guys. Thanks for coming out. Any pictures you guys have, I'd love to have a full-res copy of. Please email me them at [email protected]

I'll post mine up in a little while, I really didn't take very many.

What a nice day to ride! I would have joined you guys except I had other commitments. Keep me posted in future rides... love to meet up. Ha, but first I have to break it in and get more comfortable with the new bike.

Umm, the error is that we are standing on the side of the road instead of riding.

Nice day, great weather, only one crash (NOT WAVEX) and a no tickets! Looking forward to the next ride.

AND.......one bee sting! Nimzotech showing off his latest and greatest one piece gear shows that if doesn't protect everything. As the bee found the only place where he had no protection, his neck. LOL......

Hope the swelling has gone down Chris.

Awesome pics guys. Hi David ;) .....no videos???

Nope, no video... I wanted to focus on the ride this time :D

Jason was indeed pulled over, but he only got a warning... lucky him!

Cali_Rider and I did see a lot of cops on our way home... no prob though :)

Thanks Vegasrider for the brochures on the helicopter rides! I`ll be in touch with you soon :)

Hey PCHbreeze, what happened, I only saw the zx-14 when it was parked... were you stuck in 1st gear? :Flip: just kidding :cheer::thumbup: the bike looked good and I was happy I wasn`t the only one with a fan going off everytime we stopped lol

Back