So I went down today....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Frame Sliders...put em on my bike before it left the shop where i bought it!

Your story tells me i was wise...glad you are ok, that's one for the Pro Gear people! and i am one of them.

Also, have always wondered how effective frame sliders would be in a low side slide on a fz6...obviously, in this case...VERY!

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you're OK. I've been down twice in very similar circumstances (no sliders - earlier bikes: 650 Special, and 750 Maxim). Lots of scratches and minor damage to the bikes. My FZ6 has frame sliders.:rockon:

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
slippery=bad before crash-- slippery= good after crash LOL

Glad you are OK. I never thought of it this way....but I think you are on to something here. I'm thinking of spraying my gear down with pam cooking spray or maybe putting a breakable pouch of grease on the impact areas....well...maybe not!

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are OK. I never thought of it this way....but I think you are on to something here. I'm thinking of spraying my gear down with pam cooking spray or maybe putting a breakable pouch of grease on the impact areas....well...maybe not!

LOL That would be a sight to see! Sticks of butter taped all over with a can of cooking spray in your pocket. Would be messy but who cares? Would save your bacon for sure!:rockon:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! Frame sliders/Gear, without em it would have been a not so good ending to your story. Glad you and your bike are okay ;) Every time I read a story like this I feel less and less foolish when I wear my gear and see others wearing tank tops and shorts dumb*55es. Going to post a new story about someone like this in a bit

Take care,

Deb