Snow pics from Donner Pass

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Impressive huh! This is around 7500 feet up in the Sierra's Mountain Range in California. About 40 miles from Reno.

20170114_141119_zpsdcb0pzed.jpg

20170114_141426_zpsd1xlnoen.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy!!!! Kenny! I think we need to go to "Kickstarter" and get you modded with a snow blower. Very impressive! :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I guess the drought is over.

Yes it is in Northern and central Ca. A large portion of the snow behind Kenny has fallen since New Years day. I am 50 miles east of the picture and with 48.6 inches of rain since October we are closing in on our annual rainfall of 54 inches. Our rain is measured from July 1 to June 30 so we could double our annual rainfall this year like we did in 97/98.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pic Kenny but aren't you scared of salt eating your Duc? I ride in the winter on my FZ6 but there's a bit of a price difference.
I see fog on your pic, that's something I hate in the winter, although it's not that cold here at the mo (it was -2celcius when I left work yesterday) the (freezing) fog kept freezing on my visor :eek:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pic Kenny but aren't you scared of salt eating your Duc? I ride in the winter on my FZ6 but there's a bit of a price difference.
I see fog on your pic, that's something I hate in the winter, although it's not that cold here at the mo (it was -2celcius when I left work yesterday) the (freezing) fog kept freezing on my visor :eek:

We don't use salt in this part of the country, they say it ruins our fresh water. However, they do use chemicals, some deicer along with gravel. Yes, it was very foggy, I thought it would clear up once I got up towards the top but it never did. The Duc is definitely due for a wash but it appears I'm having extreme difficulties finding a bikini bike wash.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Bikini wash is a must for a ducati owner Blah

Looks like Vegasrider has big balls because of riding in snow needs some extra courage than a usual rider. Congrats :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
We don't use salt in this part of the country, they say it ruins our fresh water. However, they do use chemicals, some deicer along with gravel. Yes, it was very foggy, I thought it would clear up once I got up towards the top but it never did. The Duc is definitely due for a wash but it appears I'm having extreme difficulties finding a bikini bike wash.

You may want to rethink riding in the snow country. Brine on Tahoe roads the new norm for storms - Lake Tahoe NewsLake Tahoe News

The still use salt in several forms.... I leave my KTM and wing at home after they treat the roads with the brine and ride the KLR

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Kenny you are the man. I didn't know you bought a new bike. Very nice. Yes pretty major rain and snow this year out west. :thumbup: