Snagged one! (FINALLY)

DrastiK

Reaction score
Visit site
1st post ever everyone!!

Just purchased an '05 FZ6 with 6600 miles on it:thumbup:

Also am getting my license tomorrow! This is my first bike and am looking to do quite a few modifications to it starting very shortly here..probably a new noisy exhaust and some sort of LED mod in the headlights to start. Possibly push me in the right direction for that too please!?

Oh yeah and here is my bike....:Flash:

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice and welcome. Exhaust was my first mod. Do BD43's headlight mod. I added Rizoma turn signals in the rear, fender eliminator and smoked LED tailight. FZ1 handlebars and Rizoma grips.

Have fun.

ansaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I second BD43's headlight mod unless you're going naked. Definitely worth it - much brighter at night and better visibility. I'd like to get a two-brothers exhaust on it at some point; I love the look of the carbon fiber and they sound great. LED indicators all around is pretty popular and makes it look a lot cleaner, and a FE kit you can find around the forums here, also makes it look a lot cleaner. Mine didn't come with a center stand, but I didn't want it on anyway.

Is that the comfort gel seat you have? I'm considering upgrading my seat from the stock foam one because after a bit of riding the only thing hurting is my butt.

DrastiK

Reaction score
Visit site
I second BD43's headlight mod unless you're going naked. Definitely worth it - much brighter at night and better visibility. I'd like to get a two-brothers exhaust on it at some point; I love the look of the carbon fiber and they sound great. LED indicators all around is pretty popular and makes it look a lot cleaner, and a FE kit you can find around the forums here, also makes it look a lot cleaner. Mine didn't come with a center stand, but I didn't want it on anyway.

Is that the comfort gel seat you have? I'm considering upgrading my seat from the stock foam one because after a bit of riding the only thing hurting is my butt.

Alright headlights are something i definitely want to get started with so i'll look into BD43's. We're you referring to the two brothers pipes when you said carbon fiber? What is this FE kit?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright headlights are something i definitely want to get started with so i'll look into BD43's. We're you referring to the two brothers pipes when you said carbon fiber? What is this FE kit?

Fender eliminator:
images

BD43's dual headlight mod would have been my first mod had i gotten the Fazer (it's still in the works for next year).

Gratz on the bike BTW and good luck with the test! Good to see some more Western NY'ers on the forum :thumbup:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Bellypan!!! And your FZ6 will become glorified! :D

Sorry about the "holiday-look"... picture is from a cottage we rented for the weekend.

And those red/orange reflectors (seen from sideview). Do you have to keep those on? Have never seen a bike in Denmark with something like that so I guess it's a question of what the law says?

And yes DrastiK you have without doubt picked the best FZ6 colors :thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Great looking FZ6er. There are tons of mods you can do and all the above sound pretty good. I think the belly pan was my first. BD43 mod soon after. A word to the wise wear ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME! Safety should be #1 above all else. There are cages everywhere unknowingly trying to get us motorcyclists. A motorcycle safety class should be on top of the list of things to do that aren't a mod to the bike. Ride Safe And Enjoy! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum!
Very nice,l ow mileage 05!
Yeah that dog is cool!

First! All the Gear All The Time! (ATGATT) Get some frame sliders. Then do the other mod's

ansaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I was talking about a two-brothers carbon fiber exhaust. It's on my wish list, but I don't know if I'll get around to it for a long while or even on this bike. I have more gear to buy first. It was hard enough talking my wife into the bike! I still need to get pants and boots, right now I wear jeans and sneakers. Saving up for the Motoport air mesh kevlar pants.

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome :rockon: one of the best all around 600cc out there in my opinion.. the fender eliminator was the first thing I did, (that big plastic thing hanging down in the back) and sense I dint have LEDs for the rear turn signals I got a couple of brackets from homedepot spray painted them black and tucked the rear turn signals up under the seat.. looks soo much better..