Slip-ons - purchasing help please

prock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to dress up my 2008 FZ6 a bit and would appreciate some input. I use it for my commute and don't really push it too hard but am getting bored of the sound of the stock exhaust. I'd like to get something that roars a bit but I don't want to to piss off my neighbours when I leave for work at 7am.

Here's what I'm looking at:
04-08 Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Stainless Oval Muffler Slip-on Exhaust [1811-0601] : Bayside Performance, Canadian Source for 98-2010 Motorcycle Parts, Sportbike Accessories And Apparel

I've spent time searching and reading threads but I still have these n00b questions:
1) Will this come with both slip-ons or would I have to order two of these?

2) How hard is it to install these? I have rebuilt a front caliper, can I handle this? How long will it take?

3) Do I need to get it "remapped"? How much can I expect to pay for this?

4) I would like the "DB Killers" but can't tell if this comes with them? Has anyone ordered these Scorpions? (I am in Ontario, Canada)

5) I see pics of Scorpions with conical tips but the picture at the link doesn't have them. Are these a separate part I need to order? What is it called?

6) Is this going to be too stupid loud for a 30 years old family man with 2 kids?

Thanks in advance,
-Peter

DragonLTD

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me see what I can answer for you:

1. It should come with both cans, there is probably a customer service # you can call they should be able to tell you for sure.

2. Install is super easy! I have an 05 and the exhaust install ( i have Two Bros) on mine was really easy. If you can rebuild calipers, this will be a breeze. Install took me a couple of hours.

3. You do not need a remap if you are just getting the slip-ons. If you have an aftermarket (k&n type) air filter it it recommeded to get a power commander and remap...and that can get expensive.

4. Again I think a customer service # could answer this question...not having this exhaust I don't know if DB killers come standard or not...I know I had to specify I wanted DB killers when I orderded my Two Bros.

5. The ones with the spherical tips are the "new style" of scorpions...from what I understand the spherical tips are now standard...but dont quote me on that.

6. You can never be too loud!:D I know my Two Bros are super loud... and I love it!

Hope this helps...

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
The concensus here is Leo Vince. You must get it, NOW NOW NOW! It's very loud, with the baffles out. Whatever you decide, make yourself happy, who cares what your neighbors think.