Silver engine S1 owners, how do you clean your motor?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My 05 is getting pretty grimy, and I'd live to find a way to get the road grime and sludge off with the least effort with the best results. I have seen products, read posts about oven cleaner etc, but I figured that SOMEONE out there has devised a way.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
My silverware has usually been cleaned out using a bucket of warm water + car shampoo + cloth/sponge.
I have jet washed the bike only once and using the built in soap & rinse options it naturally got a lot cleaner than the above sponge bath method.
I'd recommend using a general tar remover or engine cleaner spray on the dirty parts, let it stand for a min, then rinse off with the jet avoiding pointing at the radiator from up close.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't have a silver engine Tom BUT, I really like "S100".

Especially at the front of the engine where road grime gets kicked up and lots of nooks and crannies.

I have the bottle shown here and then bought a refillable, larger bottle. Haven't replaced it in quite awhile and highly recommended.

Rinses off very easily with water (no to little pressure).

https://www.amazon.com/S100-12001B-...&qid=1500420204&sr=8-1&keywords=s-100+cleaner

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up the S100 product and will give it a go. Pics to follow. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro