Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
trip this weekend. In the pouring bloody rain and gusting side winds. Nice enough trip though :)

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Some awesome set ups!!

I will post mine shortly once I get home.

I just read all 21 pages, and my same question was asked I believe twice with no answers.

Here it is: Do the soft side bags get damaged or too hot because of the exhaust, especially an aftermarket exhaust? I have some scorpions and I am just purchasing some soft luggage. I'm getting Motocentric bags as they seem good for the price. I saw a few people with them so that's cool!

In 2 weeks I got on a 3600km trip around BC and Alberta. Should be awesome :) Just bought a Zumo 660 to aid my adventure and these bags! Can't wait. Just got new lube/filter, new filter, new iridiums, new tires, new paint job, new handlebars, and...I think that's most of it. hehe

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
some awesome set ups!!

I will post mine shortly once i get home.

I just read all 21 pages, and my same question was asked i believe twice with no answers.

Here it is: do the soft side bags get damaged or too hot because of the exhaust, especially an aftermarket exhaust? i have some scorpions and i am just purchasing some soft luggage. I'm getting motocentric bags as they seem good for the price. I saw a few people with them so that's cool!

In 2 weeks i got on a 3600km trip around bc and alberta. Should be awesome :) just bought a zumo 660 to aid my adventure and these bags! Can't wait. Just got new lube/filter, new filter, new iridiums, new tires, new paint job, new handlebars, and...i think that's most of it. Hehe

NO. They shouldn't touch the exhaust at all

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
no. They shouldn't touch the exhaust at all

mine do not touch the exhaust at all, i have a two bros exhaust and saddleman semi-rigid bags.

I like this huge red letter thing, i may type all my posts like this!

:blaa:

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, see, it worked!!!! lol Thanks guys :)

I'm working waaaay up north in Alberta for the time being and I get back on the 4th of August. I should have about 5 boxes of touring goodies waiting for me. I will be in a wedding that weekend, and then I will be riding 2000km back up to where I'm working, finish my contract, and then do about 7500 KM in Alberta and BC...basically take the longest, twistiest way home to the coast possible! Will be great.

I just wanted to be sure the bags I just bought will be OK. Looks like they would clear the exhaust and from all the wonderful pics I see it must not be an issue because quite a few people also have the soft luggage.

ridztan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hatyai, Thailand: Hepco and Becker for the Win!!

P2111245.JPG

P2101092.JPG

P2111270.JPG

P2131733.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the large saddleman saddlebags too but i like these small ones better. they expand as well, they are super nice.

23fedaa4.jpg

03ef6c8d.jpg

a26d7afc.jpg

301fb09d.jpg

73311888.jpg

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Going on a 5 day trip next month with my father-in-law. We are planning on hitting the tail of the dragon. But in preparation for the trip I have have been looking at bags. I have a cortech sport tail bag, but the cost of most saddle bags were a bit much currently for my budget, especially since I wont use them but once or twice a year. I actually found a decent set for $40 at wal-mart. They seem to be decently built for their price. My only concern is the straps ripping, but we will see how that goes. This is a pic of them being test fit after I bought them. Not too bad for the price and the size fits the bike decently, they are made by Coleman the company that makes tents and camp gear.

2011-08-03_20-55-35_377.jpg

Update with back view.
2011-08-03_20-55-56_961.jpg

Last edited:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a Cal Sci windshield, no pics yet but DAMN, I have no officially entered "touring old fart" territory. It's quiet and comfy back there behind it, but any sporting pretensions are gone, looks-wise, between the windshield and the givi's.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
I already posted on here, but recently I did a trip in Sweden with a few days hiking involved, so had to strap my hiking back pack to the back too. that looks like this....did affect the handling slightly above 100 kph but not too bad. A lot of weight when doing u-ies tho :)