Shorty Exhaust?

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I bought my bike I seen a video on a shorty exhaust on an R6, it was played in the middle under the bike. God did it sound good.. So i'm searching for a shorty that fits an 07 FZ6. I have come across two, idk if it works.

I never see shorty exhaust ever mentioned on here. Anyone on here tried the shorty's with their FZ6's?

Motorcycle Shorty Stainless Steel End Pipe Muffler Exhaust for Steet Sport Bike | eBay

2nd- This one says R6..

07 R6 GP Style Exhaust Yamaha R6 R 6 2007 Stubby Short Mini Muffler Black | eBay

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure this is what you are looking for. Any muffler has to be designed and constructed to tune the exhaust. That is, it has to provide proper back pressure to the exhaust valves while providing a more free flowing path. IMO, this looks like a waste of $ plus it may not mount without modification. One of the things that attracted me to the FZ6 was the under tail exhaust. :rolleyes:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you will need header off a older R6, I think there was couple of threads here about going to a single R6 side exhaust since ours are soo much money. Im with kenh, love the look of under seat exhaust

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Back pressure is a theoretical myth, I actually thought you needed it until I did some research.

I ran no muffler just mid pipe on the fz for a week waiting for the mufflers, damn was it loud, no loss of power

Of course you will never have this!! :D

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NvagRSb7RmI[/ame]

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you will need header off a older R6, I think there was couple of threads here about going to a single R6 side exhaust since ours are soo much money. Im with kenh, love the look of under seat exhaust

I third this motion of under tail. Kicking up dust and fumes in their faces :)

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Back pressure is a theoretical myth, I actually thought you needed it until I did some research.

I ran no muffler just mid pipe on the fz for a week waiting for the mufflers, damn was it loud, no loss of power

Of course you will never have this!! :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NvagRSb7RmI

This.. This is sexy lol.

But damn, I mean the under the tail exhaust doesn't look bad, I just.. idk.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
i am not sure this is what you are looking for. Any muffler has to be designed and constructed to tune the exhaust. That is, it has to provide proper back pressure to the exhaust valves while providing a more free flowing path. Imo, this looks like a waste of $ plus it may not mount without modification.

+1

c