Shinya Kimura MT-07

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Now this looks cool. Too bad they left the digital gauges in place. Sheesh.

Shinya Kimura's

I'd love to see Yamaha put out a lighter weight, less expensive version of the BMW R Nine-T. While the BMW is way overpriced for what it is, it's one of the best looking bikes out these days. Yamaha could use the FZ-07 or the FZ-09 as a platform. Improve the suspension and steal all Triumph customers. That would be worth $10k to me.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
The SR-400 is an older style, very simple bike. Single brake rotor, single cylinder, kick start (really?), low-tech suspension, and strictly classic styling. When I see the BMW R Nine-T, I see a modern bike with a sporty engine, ABS, heated grips, up to date sport suspension and a few classic styling cues like a round headlight, analog gauges, hand finished tank, and a cafe seat cowl. Too bad it costs 50% more than it should.

The FZ-07 and FZ-09 are great platforms of technology, but their styling is too modern for my taste. In the automotive world, a lot of companies embraced retro styling on an otherwise modern car. On motorcycles you don't see the fusion of old and new very much since there are usually distinct product lines that are strictly old or new looking. The blend of both on a bike is really appealing to me. Maybe I'm mostly alone on this which is why manufacturers don't make many fusion type bikes.