She-it. Turn signals not working.

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm always embarrassed when I have to ask questions like this:

Last night I had a few drinks, then decided I wanted to test something with my turn signals on my bike. :spank: I did the dumbest thing and managed to let the Blue and Black wires from the right turn signal to touch while the bike was still "On" :spank:

So obviously, now, none of my signals and running lights are working. My question is, what am I most likely going to have to replace, or where should I start looking first? :confused: I thought I'd just simply swap the fuse, but that didn't work. I have a relay installed too, if that means anything... :(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If your tail light and directional lights are out, I'm almost positive you've blown the fuse. Should be a fuse box under the right side plastic pod below your seat.
Take out the bolt at the bottom of the pod and you should be able to pop it off and access the fuse block.:)

Edit: Don't feel bad cuz that's one of the reasons fuses where invented. Thanks for keeping the fuse business in the green! Lol! :rof:

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
Take out the bolt at the bottom of the pod and you should be able to pop it off and access the fuse block.:)

I did exactly that already, but it didn't work. I hate dealing with electrical wires. I really don't want to take anything apart :(

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did exactly that already, but it didn't work. I hate dealing with electrical wires. I really don't want to take anything apart :(
I did the same thing a couple years ago, guess who got a phone call? Did you check the fuse off the battery cable?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Lol! Turn the key on. Is your tail light on? I'm assuming the tail light filament is good. If you have no tail light and no flasher the fuse is blown unless there was no fuse and you burned the harness. You'd have smelled it though so I'm still thinking you have a blown fuse. Have an ohm meter? If you do, pull each fuse and look for the one with no continuity. And don't be hatin on the electrical wires! :rof:

Recheck those fuses! :p

I did the same thing a couple years ago, guess who got a phone call? Did you check the fuse off the battery cable?

Who me??? Lol! That's the main 30 amp fuse. If that fuse is blown the bike will not do anything.:)

Last edited: