Share Your Touring Bike!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to share my touring-oriented Fz6 and see other people's touring bikes (forgive me if such a thread already exists. If so maybe we can use this as an opportunity to parade new modifications). Anyway it's not pretty and it needs a good washing but it's my abomination and I love it.

20161211_155019.jpg
20161211_154754.jpg
20161211_154917.jpg

Some of the mods and upgrades:

• Holeshot touring bars
  • 3" bar risers / pullbacks
  • Galfer stainless brake lines, front and rear
  • BreakAway throttle lock
  • SW Motech engine guards with folding highway pegs
  • Madstad windshield
  • Russel Daylong saddle (the piece de resistance)
  • Shad top case mount with 45 liter top case (not pictured)
  • Eastern Beaver 100 watt headlight power relay

For long trips, roll top water proof bags get strapped on. Here's what it looked like parked outside of a Mexican restaurant we found in...Ohio was it?

20160818_134716.jpg

Edit: If a mod could delete that "attached thumbnail" that would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20160818_134726.jpg
    20160818_134726.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't heard from Lone for a long time, but he has the ultimate set up.

MedfordOr-3.jpg

Same set up previously when he owned the FZ.

P1000672.jpg

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Russell Daylong on a Fizzer, I love it!! :thumbup:

Tomorrow I'll look up my pics of the camping setup I had on my Fizzer. Only employed it a couple times, the legroom for my 37" inseam was the limiting factor and I ended up getting a bigger beemer enduro for touring.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Russell Daylong on a Fizzer, I love it!! :thumbup:

Tomorrow I'll look up my pics of the camping setup I had on my Fizzer. Only employed it a couple times, the legroom for my 37" inseam was the limiting factor and I ended up getting a bigger beemer enduro for touring.

Moto camping is where it's at! Would love to see the Beemer set-up. Perfect for accessing camp sites that are a little further back in the woods than your average RV site.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the FZ6 on a couple longer journeys, had a Givi tail rack and bag, a small tank bag, but I liked the size as it kept it out of the way, then I usually strapped a water resistant duffle bag onto the passenger seat. No upgraded seat but an air hawk did the trick for long days.

Was trying to figure out how to properly mount soft side bags before I upgraded to this:

Definitely can pack way more on it, though she's a little more likely to take naps compared to the FZ, the crash protection is excellent though so never a mark on the plastics or any damage, and with being out in the wild, there's no one around to see for a damaged ego!

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done a few trips on the FZ6, the longest being up through Europe to the top of Denmark.

9723dac768461f0ba6aa0e107129c1d3.jpg

But she's now been relegated to work horse commuting, and winter ride out duties. The one that superceded her is the Triumph Sprint 1050st. Now, while the FZ6 is a capable and competent tourer, this is in an entire other league.

057cff83436d4e9bcc8cf13a4808ae14.jpg

The plan is to upgrade to hard cases and a tail rack next year, money permitting. Just to free up that pillion seat from luggage.

FlyBoyRich

Reaction score
Visit site
I am New to the forum here but I have have already made two long trips on my FZ6 first around the state of Pennsylvania and then a 1500 mile trip through New England. I have added Corbin seat, Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Bags and two 30l dry bags and a 40l soft bag. When fully loaded I can feel the weight mostly by how light the bike feels when you take it all off. I love it and I am planning my next ride.
IMG_5091.jpgIMG_5368.jpg

Last edited:

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am New to the forum here but I have have already made two long trips on my FZ6 first around the state of Pennsylvania and then a 1500 mile trip through New England. I have added Corbin seat, Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Bags and two 30l dry bags and a 40l soft bag. When fully loaded I can feel the weight mostly by how light the bike feels when you take it all off. I love it and I am planning my next ride.
View attachment 69174View attachment 69175

Awesome man! Nice bike, I have the same color. Looks great in black. Seat in the second photo looks very comfy!

FlyBoyRich

Reaction score
Visit site
it is a Corbin Seat and it was a Fathers Day Gift, and for 1500 miles my backside did not hurt at all. now I need highway peg for those long rides