Selling the FZ

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Well gents/gals, The time has come. I will be selling the bike next Monday. I found a deal on an r6 that I can't pass up. I only had the FZ6 for 8 months, but we have been through a lot together. This was my second bike, first "real" one. I have only been riding for a little over a year now, but the memories were great. Had my first lowside one her (broke my ankle) and put about 4500 miles on it this year. Great bike, almost don't want to sell it.

The plan is to get this r6, (dirt cheap) from a woman friend of mine who when had kids put ridding on the back-burner. 2006 r6s with 1,000 miles!!! (not even broken in) Ill ride out the year, then flip it in the spring, unless I fall in love with it. Then phase three of my plan, either another fz6 or maybe a fz8/fz1. I don't know.

I will be selling some goodies off the bike, Mivv exhaust, vs-01, Morimoto d23 kit. look for on the parts section soon.

Great forum, great people, lots of info. Thanks for everything!!

Lagerhead (Aidas)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah some people get other bikes and we can't get rid of em!!! You may as well stick around....:rolleyes:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
is there much difference in sitting position from the FZ6 to R6S? I bought my fz6 cuz I liked the sitting position and it was a good deal but after riding it little over a year I seem to be wanting a more aggressive riding position, let us know how you like your r6s

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
is there much difference in sitting position from the FZ6 to R6S? I bought my fz6 cuz I liked the sitting position and it was a good deal but after riding it little over a year I seem to be wanting a more aggressive riding position, let us know how you like your r6s

Way different riding position. The R6 is far more aggressive with much lower clip on bars and feet set farther back. I personally hate the riding position of a super sport like the R6 but to each his own..

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Way different riding position. The R6 is far more aggressive with much lower clip on bars and feet set farther back. I personally hate the riding position of a super sport like the R6 but to each his own..

well he said that it was an r6S, the ones I have seen had a very similar sitting position to a fz6

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the R6s is less aggressive than the R6 but it is still much more leaned over then the fz6. Either way good luck and enjoy whatever you do!!!

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, all i can say is i do not like the new to me r6s, i very much regret selling my bike. All it took was a 2 hour ride to realize how uncomfortable my new bike really is. I think i want to sell it, a mint '06 with `1300 miles should sell fast (with profit). Want my 'ole fz6 back. :rant:

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, all i can say is i do not like the new to me r6s, i very much regret selling my bike. All it took was a 2 hour ride to realize how uncomfortable my new bike really is. I think i want to sell it, a mint '06 with `1300 miles should sell fast (with profit). Want my 'ole fz6 back. :rant:

That was fast. Sell the R6S and with the extra money you make with the cash from the FZ6 maybe you can get a FZ1. :thumbup:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

That's why I knew that hunched forward seating position of pretty much any sports bike wasn't for me.

flip it and make some money.