Seen around town - Honda 50

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Biggest selling bike in History right there! Gotta love the things, you can even play cricket on one.....

:rockon:

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
No thats not a true Honda c50!!! This is

2010%5C02%5C21%5Cbikepics-1907968-800.jpg

I had more fun on these than any superbike..:thumbup: Great little bikes.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was it the 50 or the 90 mate?

Nelly

PS Ultimate stunt bike to
The Purple Helmets - Stunts Gallery

Hmmmmm. now you have me thinking out loud....i still reckon it was the 50....cause of massive sales in China, and India, the 2 massive small bike markets combined, but i could be wrong? Having said that, i aint been bothered to google it to confirm????

:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmmm. now you have me thinking out loud....i still reckon it was the 50....cause of massive sales in China, and India, the 2 massive small bike markets combined, but i could be wrong? Having said that, i aint been bothered to google it to confirm????

:thumbup:
LMAO, attention to detail mate. I'm sure you can still remeember that from your lesson plans lol.
I spent 2 weeks on a Greek Island as a teenager with a 50. The first motorcycle freedom I ever tasted.

Nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO, attention to detail mate. I'm sure you can still remeember that from your lesson plans lol.
I spent 2 weeks on a Greek Island as a teenager with a 50. The first motorcycle freedom I ever tasted.

Nelly

Snap! I spent 2 weeks on a Greek Island on one.....was bloody awesome....nearly killed the thing by the time i was done, after crashing it 3 times, the missus crashing it, and nearly going over a cliff in the process....

the things you do when beer was about 30 pence a bottle, and your spending english pounds...

We, me and this crazy British Airforce pilot, who had just returned from The Falklands War, hired 2 of the things....cause our bikes were too big and heavy, and painful to ride on the dirt tracks of Corfu....they were brand new the day we hired them, 2 weeks later, they were very very secondhand....

They handle pretty well on the dirt too!!!

:D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Snap! I spent 2 weeks on a Greek Island on one.....was bloody awesome....nearly killed the thing by the time i was done, after crashing it 3 times, the missus crashing it, and nearly going over a cliff in the process....

the things you do when beer was about 30 pence a bottle, and your spending english pounds...

We, me and this crazy British Airforce pilot, who had just returned from The Falklands War, hired 2 of the things....cause our bikes were too big and heavy, and painful to ride on the dirt tracks of Corfu....they were brand new the day we hired them, 2 weeks later, they were very very secondhand....

They handle pretty well on the dirt too!!!

:D
Bottom out a tad on nonexistent mountain roads lol.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bottom out a tad on nonexistent mountain roads lol.

Bottom out, wallow, squirm, bounce, bump stear, they do it all! Makes for some very interesting moments....but cause they are so light, you can chuck em around like a pushbike....i reckon one day, there could end up being one in my garage....just for those days when you feel like a laugh....

Just goes to show, you dont need a zillion hp to have fun....they definitely are the freedom machine, especially for ratty teenagers with shallow pockets, and a desire to ride....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That yellow bike in the first post looks like an Australia Post bike, did anyone see Merrick Watts on Adam Hills show last night? He is modding them, giving them slick paint jobs loud exhausts, ultra upholstered seats etc..... looks like fun!

bjorn240

Reaction score
Visit site
First one is a CT90 (sold in the states from the early 70s until 79, when it was replaced by the CT110 which was sold until '86), and which is known as a Postie bike in Australia. It's not a Cub/SuperCub C70/C90, as it has a four speed transmission with dual-range and lower final drive gearing (and no leg shield).

I have a '82 C70 that I use to commute daily. 70cc, OHC, and three-speed auto-clutch transmission. They're lots of fun.