Seat cowl with storage for fz6!!!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
By options,I meant hard and softskin tailpacks,top boxes,soft and hardskin sports panniers.
The Axio comes very close in the looks dept and the others mentioned have far greater capacity.

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so after the end of last week and the weekend of running numbers and figuring here is where I stand on possible pricing. This is as low as I can see these going without sacrificing their quality, which I will not do.
For the complete packaged tail cowl we are looking at around $485 USD. The bare bones unpainted, accessory unequipped "finish-it-yourself" kit would be about $390 USD... so close to one hundred cheaper. I could even offer upgrade kits to add the lighting and accessory chargers as the shells will be "ready" to accept them at any time, basically saving the assembly cost to you.
I surfed the web and there still is nothing comparable in price, quality, or look for the FZ6. The closest thing I could find was the trunk smuggler for the FZ1 which is $799 USD with no lighting or accessory charging capability!!!!
As soon as I find out the projected date when they will first be available I will let you all know! I will be posting more pics soon so stay tuned. Thanks again!!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok, so after the end of last week and the weekend of running numbers and figuring here is where I stand on possible pricing. This is as low as I can see these going without sacrificing their quality, which I will not do.
For the complete packaged tail cowl we are looking at around $485 USD. The bare bones unpainted, accessory unequipped "finish-it-yourself" kit would be about $390 USD... so close to one hundred cheaper. I could even offer upgrade kits to add the lighting and accessory chargers as the shells will be "ready" to accept them at any time, basically saving the assembly cost to you.
I surfed the web and there still is nothing comparable in price, quality, or look for the FZ6. The closest thing I could find was the trunk smuggler for the FZ1 which is $799 USD with no lighting or accessory charging capability!!!!
As soon as I find out the projected date when they will first be available I will let you all know! I will be posting more pics soon so stay tuned. Thanks again!!

This price seems much better. Where in Illinois are you?

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
This price seems much better. Where in Illinois are you?

Thanks Krid80,
I am in Southern Illinois around the Carbondale area currently. I am about to make the leap to LA this summer. As far as the price, I feel that it is extremely competitive for what you get. People are paying far more for far less when it comes to it's category. I basically chipped away at all the little expenses that were adding up to $599. I lost a bit of profit as well, but after listening to everyone on fz6-forum, this is doable and I think it will allow even the most cost conscious FZ6 owners the chance to get their hands on it if they want it this spring.
I would place it between the large tail cases, which give no attractive body appeal IMO, and the strap on tail bags which are not integrated into the bike's design either. The cowl really completes a NEW look to the FZ6 following the gas tank into a rounded tail. The side profile pic I posted is great but wait till I post the different angles... Looking from the back of the bike it looks like it originates at the gas tank and tapers into the point of the tail! The saddle even looks cooler! This is truly a 'custom' looking tail for our beloved FZ6.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Thanks Krid80,
I am in Southern Illinois around the Carbondale area currently. I am about to make the leap to LA this summer. As far as the price, I feel that it is extremely competitive for what you get. People are paying far more for far less when it comes to it's category. I basically chipped away at all the little expenses that were adding up to $599. I lost a bit of profit as well, but after listening to everyone on fz6-forum, this is doable and I think it will allow even the most cost conscious FZ6 owners the chance to get their hands on it if they want it this spring.
I would place it between the large tail cases, which give no attractive body appeal IMO, and the strap on tail bags which are not integrated into the bike's design either. The cowl really completes a NEW look to the FZ6 following the gas tank into a rounded tail. The side profile pic I posted is great but wait till I post the different angles... Looking from the back of the bike it looks like it originates at the gas tank and tapers into the point of the tail! The saddle even looks cooler! This is truly a 'custom' looking tail for our beloved FZ6.

sounds like we need some more pics!

I, too, am from the Carbondale area. I grew up in Pinckneyville, went to SIU lived in Cobden for a couple years before moving to Festus, Missouri.

My brother and his wife live in Makanda and are teachers in DuQuoin and Murphysboro. Small world, eh?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Krid80,
I would recommend a walk-round video as well. Then you can stick it on Youtube and embed it here. Also, it will generate more traffic to your site (which I would recommend building if you are going to sell stuff online).

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
I would recommend a walk-round video as well. Then you can stick it on Youtube and embed it here. Also, it will generate more traffic to your site (which I would recommend building if you are going to sell stuff online).

Thanks SANGER_A2.. The vid idea is excellent! Will do!!

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
For all interested parties, I will try to have some different angles of the prototype posted by the end of the weekend. The prototype is not near the quality of the actual units, because the prototype was 'trued-up' with software to produce the tooling to make them, but it will give a great idea of the new bike lines. As soon as I approve the first unit, I will get some higher quality shots for all as I go into the full production in the near future. Stay tuned, and thanks to all as usual, you guys and gals rock!

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so here you go... again these pics are of the hand modeled prototype, NOT THE FINISHED VERSION. The pictures will give a good idea of the tail cowl on the bike.. the seat vinyl is pulled back and the seat form is showing. The prototype is a bit more "edgy". We improved the smoothness and evened out the lines to really match the gas tank. Anyway, to those interested... here you go! As soon as I have the first unit back we will get some excellent shots of it! Enjoy!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so here you go... again these pics are of the hand modeled prototype, NOT THE FINISHED VERSION. The pictures will give a good idea of the tail cowl on the bike.. the seat vinyl is pulled back and the seat form is showing. The prototype is a bit more "edgy". We improved the smoothness and evened out the lines to really match the gas tank. Anyway, to those interested... here you go! As soon as I have the first unit back we will get some excellent shots of it! Enjoy!
How do you get into it? I can't see a latch or door or anything on your pics...

CHowell19

Reaction score
Visit site
oh that's simple. Just "magic" your stuff inside it! Then you don't even need a key!

You guys crack me up! :D The pics are just of the original fitting prototype. I was just showing some different points of reference because several individuals asked to see that. The fitting prototype was used as a reference when designing the actual tail cowl in a CAD program. The door was added through CAD. It would have been a waste of time and expenses to build a door on the reference prototype. So yes it is not visible in these photos, they are just to show the lines a bit more. It is a bit more 'edgy' than the finished CAD product because it was smoothed out in the CAD program. The door opens backwards of the FZ1 trunk smuggler so that the operator can stand next to the seat and ignition and access the trunk space. Again, as soon as I get the first one back I will post some pics of it!