Season is starting

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm taking two days off in the beginning of April - will take that time to get the bike out of the garage. When "she" wakes up from her winter beauty sleep, I have two presents for "her":

- [ame=http://www.amazon.com/2003-2009-Yamaha-Integrated-Sequential-Lights/dp/B004TCZ7HQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363791668&sr=8-3&keywords=fz6+tail+light]2003-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Integrated Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear Lens : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

and

- Stainless Steel Cleanable and Reusable Oil Filters for your Motorcycle and ATV

:rockon:
Anybody wants to go for a ride on 4/5? Thinking to ride up along Hudson, weather permitting.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm taking two days off in the beginning of April - will take that time to get the bike out of the garage. When "she" wakes up from her winter beauty sleep, I have two presents for "her":

- 2003-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Integrated Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear Lens : Amazon.com : Automotive

and

- Stainless Steel Cleanable and Reusable Oil Filters for your Motorcycle and ATV

:rockon:
Anybody wants to go for a ride on 4/5? Thinking to ride up along Hudson, weather permitting.

Nice! If I can get a day off I'll join you (not very likely though :( )

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, it has started!

Today, got my MiG out of storage :rockon: Changed the oil and the oilfilter to the reusable K&P, swapped (but not completely - see below) the stock tail light for motodynamic one with a clear lense, and polished the headers.

Headers & K&P Oil Filter

Here are the pics from before and after polishing the headers:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

K&P is also visible here:
picture.php

picture.php

Motodynamic Tail Light

Now, about the motodynamic tail light - it looks like I am in an interesting situation: I swapped the light, ran the wires, and ... realized I don't have my Haynes repair manual to figure out which relay needs to be changed to an LED flasher. I tried to determine it by touch - no luck. I couldn't find my Haynes manual before I started work, so I was flying blind. As I was running out of time, I left the tail light as it was - just a tail light, w/o connecting the blinkers.

After coming home, I found the Haynes Manual. Imagine my amusement when I saw this picture:
picture.php

Well, the relay that is supposed to be there (on the left) is MISSING on my bike - the only thing I have in that spot is the metal hook that is supposed to hold it! I guess I have the PO to thank for that - he installed small LED turn lights on fender-eliminator. Now, I need to find what is making the LEDs flash. Judging by the electrical schema and the fact that my lights ARE blinking, it should be somewhere before the controller.

This is not quite like a taped-up lightbulb, but has anybody seen anything like this?:confused:

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe the bike only has one flasher relay, its on the left side front fairing by the tank. FYI that left relay "pocket" in the left pod is empty on mine too.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: Season is starting

I believe the bike only has one flasher relay, its on the left side front fairing by the tank. FYI that left relay "pocket" in the left pod is empty on mine too.

Correct! Reach up, inside left side of the fairing. There's a little square relay mounted with a rubber strap. There's a tab inside the fairing. Reach in , grab the flasher an wiggle it upward off the tab and you can pull it down and swap with new flasher. :)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I missed this thread! Otherwise I'd have taken the day off. Let us know if you plan to go again dude...

Will do. Yesterday I wasnt really riding though - just went to my parents, de-winterized the bike, did some work and brought it to the city. I did go for a ride this morning though - did Skyline Drive in Wanaque, NJ. Have to say, it's still a little chilly, especially if you haven't had breakfast yet.

I should've posted on the trip planning thread, but I wasnt sure whether I'd go up until this morning since the forecast said 60% chance of rain.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Found the flasher and replaced it - now it's all working the way it should be!
Thanks, guys, for the advice! As always, this forum rocks :rockon: