Scorpion muffler

grunt1

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at the scorpion slip on mufflers. I like the sound, and I think they offer the best bang for the buck. The one thing I don't like is the 'tea pot' look. Any thoughts on this? Should I just look past this? lol.....Thanks!

+1 Shafe is right, Scorpion has redesigned the looks of the exhaust for 2008. IMO they look pretty awesome!

+1 on the looks! I just ordered mine and spent 5 hours installing them. Yup... 5 hours. But then again you're reading a post from a guy who doesn't know jack about motorcycles.

But anyway... the new tips look FRIGGEN COOL!!!

KG

I got em!!!!! Id post pics, but I dont have a camera. I just went to my local yama shop and ordered them, a week later Im zoomin around loud as Fudge. Ive got the new tips and they are nothing short of amazing looking

they are available from any parts unlimited dealer. right now they are out of stock the estimated date is 9/5/08

Parts Unlimited
1811-0601
FITS MODEL: FZS600 FZ6 04-07, TAILPIPE/MUFFLER/END CAP TYPE: Stainless/stainless/stainless, oval
$558.95

I've been looking at the scorpion slip on mufflers. I like the sound, and I think they offer the best bang for the buck. The one thing I don't like is the 'tea pot' look. Any thoughts on this? Should I just look past this? lol.....Thanks!
I found out the other day that scorpion is actually made by ackropovic. Something about they couldnt use there name where ever they were and had to change there name.
So yes it is a quality exhaust.

Does anyone have a sound clip? Looking to see if these are too loud? I had a scorpion slip on when I had a 2002 yzf600r. Sound was a little bit louder and deeper. Was hoping that these were similar. Seriously looking at getting these as soon as I know where I can get em in CF in the United States.

I just got mine last week. Ordered them from Pipecity. Got good customer service, a great price, and they shipped them right away. I also ordered the arrow mid-pipe to get rid of the catastrophic converter... Mine must be the new ones you all are talking about as they don't look like the ones on the site. No snorkle-type of tip.

Motorcycle Exhaust and Accessories - Yoshimura Cobra Akrapovic Two brothers Jardine Scorpion Bub Rinehart Vance Hines Harley Exhaust Pipe Systems | Pipe City

Going out to the garage now to do the install. I'll take a few pics along the way. I'm also putting a k&n in, may cut the air box up a bit, replacing the plugs, too. Um yeah, may not get to all of this tonight, we'll see.

I ordered mine from indysuperbike.com 2 weeks ago and they showed up
in a week. I got the stainless steel scorps for $422.00 shipped. They are
the new scorps too and they look great on my 07 red FZ6. They are def. louder than the stock cans but not too loud in my opinion. They really start to scream up around 6,000 rpm's. They are really easy to put on too. Took a buddy of mine and I about an hour and a half to do. Wanted the two brothers
but not going to spend $800 for cans. The new scorps are awesome in my opinion.

I got em!!!!! Id post pics, but I dont have a camera. I just went to my local yama shop and ordered them, a week later Im zoomin around loud as Fudge. Ive got the new tips and they are nothing short of amazing looking

I'm not loud I just have stock cans.:rant:

I ordered mine from indysuperbike.com 2 weeks ago and they showed up
in a week. I got the stainless steel scorps for $422.00 shipped. They are
the new scorps too and they look great on my 07 red FZ6. They are def. louder than the stock cans but not too loud in my opinion. They really start to scream up around 6,000 rpm's. They are really easy to put on too. Took a buddy of mine and I about an hour and a half to do. Wanted the two brothers
but not going to spend $800 for cans. The new scorps are awesome in my opinion.

Can you post a pic of the stainless? I have seen the pic of the new type in Carbon and would like to see in stainless as well. Trying to see if it is worth the extra to get carbon. Right now I am thinking it is not.

-Derek

a couple of pics

Just installed them last night. Also installed the arrow mid-pipe, modded the air box and put in the k&n (and new plugs, too).

I really like the way that they look. They went together easily enough. For the price I'd recommend them. I suppose carbon cans would probably have a slightly softer sound. I can tell that these are metal cans.

I must be getting old. I like the sound but am really glad that I wear earplugs. No, they're not *too* loud but, dang, I dunno. Maybe it's 'cause I opened up the airbox at the same time, but there's a real presence to the bike now. A nice burble at idle. Speaking of which, it seems to be idling a little high -- not sure why that'd be, though I'm sure someone here can explain it. They quiet down nicely when I short-shift, so I can roll through the neighborhood and not feel like a total teenager.

With what I did I may be getting into trouble. It just begs to be flogged. I bounced it off of the rev limiter tonight for the first time. Oops. :spank:

I'm bummed that I won't be able to use my givi any longer. The rear support bracket used to bolt to the end of the frame rails over the top of and beneath the muffler. But the new cans take up all of the space making bolting it in place impossible -- at least to my eyes. And the cans came with a new bracket on to which the license plate/lights mount.

If anyone's got a givi rack (model fz351) and knows how to engineer a work-around, I'm all ears. Here's a link to the givi rack: TwistedThrottle.com : Givi Topcase Rack (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'07) - Givi FZ351

mstewar1-albums-moto-photo-album-picture1068-new-cans.jpg

mstewar1-albums-moto-photo-album-picture1070-newcansrear2.jpg

Ok, I know it doesn't get 50mpg, but if reading that pisses off some hummer driver, then it's mission accomplished... :Flip:

mstewar1-albums-moto-photo-album-picture1071-pipewrap.jpg

Got the wrap at JCWhitney. If anyone's interested, I've got plenty of the wrap, ties, and the coating left over. Sorry 'bout the spam. In the little while that I was on the bike this evening, according to my saddle mounted thermometer, the bike felt a little cooler ambient-temp-wise. At least that was what I was hoping for with applying the wrap. I'm anxious to see how it does on my longer commute (~100 miles).

Next up: pcIII, stainless lines and new pads for the front. Also ordered some led's from the folks at customled. Now I gotta find a norcal lister with electrical skills to help me do the light install/mods I wanna do. I'm ok with wrenches and stuff, but a little leery of monkeying with electrical. Bueller, Bueller..?

Sorry for the length of the post but hope that the pics are of use.

It would be worth seeing if the Yamaha rear box mount would work. I have Scorpions and it works fine. I'm 95% sure that the Yamaha box is a re-branded GIVI anway.

Too early to tell on the mpg. I'll report back once I've made my weekly long trip to the bay area and back to Sac. (The San Francisco bay area to those in other bay areas...) If I can keep from getting too hamfisted from the new exhaust song, I'll probably fare alright.

Back