Scorpion Exhaust mod question

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I just finished installing the scorpion slip-ons on my fz6. Everything went well on the install, but when I turned on the engine to check for any leaks in the pipe, there seems to be a small amount of air leaking where the cat-pipe meets the mid-pipe. I made sure I tightened that clamp real good, but there is still a small amount of air leaking and a bit of water also leaking out.

I used the spanner that came in the bike's toolkit and maybe that is why I cannot get it real tight because that area is hard to reach and apply torque. What kind of tool would you guys recommend using to make sure that that clamp does not leak air?

I did not notice any problems with the exhaust note as such and the leak is so small that if I hold a finger on it it stops.

Also I noticed that scorpions aren't really made to work with the FAZR FE Kit? The instructions that came with it show them installed with the stock fender. The reason I bring this up is because there seems to be 2 extra parts that I have. A small plate that fastens on the stock fender and then there is a connector plate that connects the exhaust mount plate to this plate to keep a fixed distance between the tail and fender. How do I get around this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help,
M.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive got Scorps on mine also and didnt run into the issue your talking about, i used i believe a 10mm socket with extension to crank my clamps down and im good to go. Got pics of the extra parts of your FE kit that would help, let us know.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem with my scorps. I just went to the auto store and spent two dollars and got exhaust sealant. It is not show quality, but it is hard to tell it is there from the average person just looking over the bike. All you see is a little bit of the gray compound around the connections.

Have not had a single leak since :D

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem with my scorps. I just went to the auto store and spent two dollars and got exhaust sealant. It is not show quality, but it is hard to tell it is there from the average person just looking over the bike. All you see is a little bit of the gray compound around the connections.

Have not had a single leak since :D
+1 to this. Mine leaked, I bought Holts Fire Gum. They sell this sort of stuff in any automotive store. Just be careful that it gets heated up without getting wet and dissolving. Someone on here advised using one of those chef's blow-torches or something to heat it and getting the stuff to dry out without getting water from the engine in it.

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to this. Mine leaked, I bought Holts Fire Gum. They sell this sort of stuff in any automotive store. Just be careful that it gets heated up without getting wet and dissolving. Someone on here advised using one of those chef's blow-torches or something to heat it and getting the stuff to dry out without getting water from the engine in it.

The stuff i used was a red tube of gray exhaust sealant. Yes, you have to make sure to heat it up for it to be completely set, but the easiest way to do this is to let the engine run for 10 minutes, and then ride it for half hour (or more in my book :D) on a dry day.

Then if you think it doesnt look the best, you can chip away the excess sealent once it has hardened so that you do not see any of the sealant.