schuberth S2 and noise

filitosa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding the S2 now for a month. Great helmet BUT....I can't get rid of the wind turbulence without riding with a gentle throat hold with my left hand. Have tried all types of neck wear. I have been a schuberth user for last 7 years.My S1 did not have this problem. I cant hear the SRC unit with the S2. I hear the Scala rider II fine with the S1. i am so disappointed in this $700 helmet, the S2. If anyone has a solution please post. I have sent pictures and talked with SchubertUSA they have no fix and just say sorry. i am looking at having to make some sort of helmet mod so can use the SRC and save my ears! prob will start out with trying to make a larger wind deflector, the one that comes with the helmet is way cheesier than the perment one on the S1
Beware if you buy this helmet because of it's reputation as a quiet helmet, that was the S1.

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the same helmet and am disappointed with the wind noise too. If I turn my head sideways it's pretty quiet but I can hardly ride like that. Considering the price I expected better.